H

Invasion1

Every time I get a windshield from a shop, they ask if it has HUD or not. PPG makes HUD glass I know at least. So as long as the shop can order whatever they want, then yes indeed.

When I had my last one replaced at a dealer repair shop, I think it was around $1,200. Somehow, there was some 'insurance company' discount which brought it down to $523.

Yeah I'll NEVER go without full glass coverage. I've got a chip in this windshield that is spreading like a mofo that I'm gonna have to get off my lazy ass and claim. I haven't made more than one glass claim a year... just hope it doesn't affect the premiums.

I carry full glass... which is absolutely no money out of my pocket when I need to file a claim and its just a few bucks extra per month. Never know when a friggin stone is gonna smack the windshield and take 'er out... or lock your keys in the car, resulting in punching out the side window :? I dunno.. for the few bucks extra, its worth it to me to have a no deduc. glass coverage. Even if I had an absolutely worthless car, it'll still have full glass.

i have 2 perfect TGP windshields in the parts cars right now but i doubt they can be removed and still be intact..

Are all W-body windshields swapable or no?

Guest Anonymous

This raises an interesting question-

do you really need a HUD windsheild in a HUD car?

My 95 doesnt have a HUD windsheild, but when i installed the hud system, it displays fine, juts like on the 92 which has the hud from the factory...

The HUD window supposedly has a reflective layer on it or something that makes it display brighter. It will display on a regular windshield but not as bright from what I understand.

Shawn

The HUD window supposedly has a reflective layer on it or something that makes it display brighter. It will display on a regular windshield but not as bright from what I understand.

Shawn

That's exactly what I have heard as well.