Power Seat Question *EDIT: One more question, scroll down*

Robby1870

Part of my power seat (driver, specifially) has stopped working. The button that pivots the seat back isnt working. It tilts the seat backwards, but it wont tilt it forward. You can hear a click or something when I press the button to tilt it forward, but nothing moves. And, since I was adjusting the seat when it broke, the seat back is currently tilted WAY back. Since, I dont want to take the motor out of the bottom of the seat and mess with that stuff, Im wondering if I can take the seat back itself off, and reposition it that way? Im really hoping someone on here has some input. TIA

I'm guessing something is jammed if the motor is clicking...maybe you could could try to gently pull the seat back the direction it shouldg o while holding the button. I dunno if that would fuck it up more or not..another thing is the seatback may have gone all the way off the track..I did this in my friend's 89 Tauurs I reclined the seat all the way it is popped off the sliders or whatever terminology is used. All I did was push the seat back up while holding the button.

- Jeff L.

I think Im gonna try taking the seat out this weekend and see how it works/why its not working. Should be interesting....first power seat disassembly for me.

I think Im gonna try taking the seat out this weekend and see how it works/why its not working. Should be interesting....first power seat disassembly for me.

I completely tore apart my old power seat last weekend... but it sure as hell wasn't one of those 978-way power seats.. Those would be interesting to rip into. Take pics.

Id say assume it's a faulty switch first. Take the switch out and jump the wiring that would make the seat filt forward. I'll keep you in mind if I see a STE in the junk yard, or the train station...

Im wondering how to take the driver's seat out. I can move it forward, but sometimes it doesnt want to go back. If I cant get it out with moving it back and forward, is there anyway to disassemble the seat from the top. There are the 12 or 14 way power seats. ANY info is greatly appreciated.