spot the wrong!!!!!!!!!

GPdriver1986

ya steves got it except he's missing one thing, they build all of the current W's there, but for the caption they say that the workers are assembling an Impala.

General Motors Canada employees build 2005 Chevrolet Impalas on the Oshawa assembly plant line March 2. (J.P. Moczulski/Reuters)

This is from the caption, it's saying that the employees in that picture are assembling an 05 Impala but clearly its an 05 Grand Prix.

On a side note, further into the pictures, they mention they are demolishing all of their EV1 vehicles... why are they crushing all of 'em?

the EV1 was sold in very limited quantities and only on a restricted lease basis for prodcut testing. The platform was considered unviable for the marketplace and all the test units were recalled. A few EV1 owners managed to talk GM into allowing them to buy thier EV1s but it took some lawyering.

GM has teamed up with Dalhimer-Chrylser and is working on a comphrensive hybrid program much like the direction honda is going with thier Hybrid systems. (Standard bodies with a hybrid engine option next to regular engine options).

This is one of the reasons I think they nixed zeta as the platform was not set up to accept an optional hybrid drivetrain.

I knew they were experiemental lease units, but I don't understand why they'd destory them when people CLEARLY want to buy them.

Just last year, I was going to throw away an entertainment center. But someone offered me $50 for it.. I didn't proceed to take an axe to the entertainment center.. I took the $50 and bid the unit adieu.

I knew they were experiemental lease units, but I don't understand why they'd destory them when people CLEARLY want to buy them.

Just last year, I was going to throw away an entertainment center. But someone offered me $50 for it.. I didn't proceed to take an axe to the entertainment center.. I took the $50 and bid the unit adieu.

Liability. You woldn't sell it if you knew it'd collapse or tip over, or some time later it bursts into flames and burns his house down (imagine if you were the one that built/designed it, and built it with exploding wood.....). At least if he knew where you lived.

Ehh I can see that somewhat. But these people seem DAMN crazy for these things. I've never heard of anyone setting up rallies for a stupid car.. they want 'em bad. GM could call the shots.. Sell them with STRICT liability clauses. Make these treehuggers sign an insanely detailed waiver.. clearing General Motors of absolutely any and all issues arising from said vehicle.

If I made the entertainment center with exploding, STD-soaked wood, I prolly woulda made the fucker aware of it and my lack of responsibility included in the sale.

The EV-1 was a pilot project. The RnD cost Gm well over a Billion Dollars from what I read. They never caught on. But as was said above GM destoyed them cause of liability. Dealers can't really service them anymore, Lack of parts was also stated. Plus there was defects in the car some caught on fire some shorted out. Some where even saying they where unsafe for the road. It's best that GM got these off the road they seemed to be a timebomb. (according to some ppl)

I see the liability issue, but I'm not a heartless lawyer, so I'm not sure how they could tear apart the issue of people signing liability releases. But it makes sense in my world.

And on another side note, WHY are these people PAYING for EXPERIMENTAL cars? If someone is making a totally experimental product to be purchased at MY cost, F*CK that. Give it to me and I'll have absolutely no problem with testing it out. Have me pay for it? No.