FreakingGomer

so I finally decided to drop some money on my cutlass (other than repairs/upkeep/stereo) and I got tint done, 13% in the back, 35% on the front windows, its a teal coupe, pics will be up shortly

Nice. I got tint a while ago. The guy told me that the back window of the 4-door cutlass is one of the hardest jobs ever to do in one piece. He didn't think he could do it, it took him over an hour to get it perfect. This guy was supposedly the 'best' in the state. I don't know if I believe that, but damn 20% all in one piece does look good. I got the back doors 35% and didnt tint the front windows yet. I wish I would have gotten it darker than that, but in Pennsylvania a cop can pull you over and write you a ticket and order to have the tint removed if they think it is too dark. I was way to scarred to get it done only to get a ticket and throw my money away.

I didn't know theat they made a 13% tint. :shrug:
Yeah, that is true. There isn't a 13 percent tint, at least not manufactured by 3M. It goes 5%, 20%, 35%, and 50%.

I am pretty sure it wasn't 3M tint, the guy that does it is a buddy of mine at the dealership I work at, he does 7, 13, 17, 26, 35, and then the clear/just uv protectant, in Oregon, I think 26% is legal, maybe 35% i dunno, all I know is that the cops use a little device that clips onto the edge of a window around here, so since the windows that roll down are legal at 35% I am not too worried about it.

don't quote me on the percents I said he did, I know for sure he does 6-7 which is limo then 13 is like stock tinit on the magnums, and the 17 is stock on most suv's and vans. something like that at any rate.

Also, keep in mind our windows are actually tinted from the factory. Most are a 72-80% tint. Can't really see it, but its there, and it affects the reading once you apply the 'normal' 5,20,35,50 percent tint. Perhaps he is factoring that into the number.