Sweet Junkyard score;also DIC question!

5speedz34

For $200 I got front and rear leather GP quad buckets in light gray, front and rear consoles, DIC, 14-way buckets, and all the mounting stuff for the rear and all the wiring...

The drivers seat is beat up a little but these are the best condition that I have seen these seats in a yard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/DSC00002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/DSC00003.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/DSC00004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/DSC00005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/5speedz34/DSC00007.jpg

Alright here is my question. I took as much wiring as I could for the DIC and the seats. I want to make the cleanes install possible w/o splicing and cutting of wires ( i want it to look stock)

Eventually I plan on putting a STE VFD DIC in.

What I want to know is that the C200 connector isn't just plug and play on the Lumi's right? Also I would like to get the all the STE features to work, has anyone ever done this? Is there anyway that I can just plug and play these wires so I don't have to splice and cut? Also for the air lines for the seats were do those run to and from?

Thanks alot this will help me very much. :wink:

No there are no provisions for the DIC in the C200, so you have to cut and splice, just take your time and you can make it look nice.

If you want all the STE functions to work you need the lamp monitor plus sensors for the doors,hood,trunk,washer fluid. I have all the parts but haven't decided if it's worth my efforts. You'll need to run like 40-50 wires from all over the car, it's a ton of work with minimal results. I don't believe anyone has actually done that part of it of the STE DIC install, although I think Gearhead was going to try.

Ok cool can Gearhead or digitaloutsider chime in on this too?

What does the STE have extra specifically? So let me get this straight Baddflash, no matter what I do I will have to splice wires for everything or just the DIC?

It mointors the doors,hood and trunk, all exterior bulbs,washer fluid,ABS and maybe more I'm forgetting. Yes no matter what you will have to splice the wiring for the DIC.

I just found a newer 1st gen GP HUD in the junkyard last week for $25. I'm going to get it very soon...

You do know that there is a special windshield for HUD equiped cars, right???? I cant really see whats differnet in it but if you call around to get a windshield price for replacment they will ask the question... HUD or non HUD????

I just found a newer 1st gen GP HUD in the junkyard last week for $25. I'm going to get it very soon...

You do know that there is a special windshield for HUD equiped cars, right???? I cant really see whats differnet in it but if you call around to get a windshield price for replacment they will ask the question... HUD or non HUD????

Yeah, I'm aware.

Thats a sweet score buddy. Did you also grab the carpet covered piece of plastic that goes behind the rear seats? It has a pass thru in it. I have the exact same rear seats and console that I'm going to put in my car, once it comes out of winter storage on Apr 1. As for front seats I have lt grey power leather buckets out of a 98 Regal GS that I made adaptor plates for, so they'd fit. I didn't get the matching GP front seats because they were ripped all to hell. I already have a VFD DIC with console in my Z34. You have to splice all the wires manually but its not hard. I don't have the STE functions hooked up but all the functions the LCD has works.

Guest Anonymous

You're going to be splicing an assload of wires to get the extra features to work... that will never be plug and play... plus you need to locate a gazillion censors... IMO, its a waste of time, most of that crap is on the cluster anyway except the doors and light monitor... From what I understand you have to literally gut your car to do the wiring...

If you want the DIC, i'd just do the basic wiring... you can go through all that for the xtra features and it may not even work

EDIT: I think it bogus that GM didnt make those features work on the coupe... my car has the VFD one from the factory.. what would it have been to GM to make the xtra features work?

Thats a sweet score buddy. Did you also grab the carpet covered piece of plastic that goes behind the rear seats? It has a pass thru in it. I have the exact same rear seats and console that I'm going to put in my car, once it comes out of winter storage on Apr 1. As for front seats I have lt grey power leather buckets out of a 98 Regal GS that I made adaptor plates for, so they'd fit. I didn't get the matching GP front seats because they were ripped all to hell. I already have a VFD DIC with console in my Z34. You have to splice all the wires manually but its not hard. I don't have the STE functions hooked up but all the functions the LCD has works.

Yeah, I got all the plastic trim stuff for it too, I just didn't load up the pics for that.

Honestly I think I want to get the lamp monitor and all that stuff from a STE to work. I mean is most of the 40-50 wires coming off the lamp monitor or what?

Can someone give me a full list of stuff that the STE unit has?

92PettyEd- Remeber GM is cheap like any other domestic car company. It is suprising tha it is that hard to get those features to work on a coupe. But the reason they did it on the STE is model differentation.

Guest Gp crazy

The dic tells you a lot of stuff but a flat tire unsure of that not listed on my 1990 ste. But the picture of the light indactor on page one i would not bother with it unless your overhaling the entier car ! just my thoughts! :bash: