DIC/DIS/UB3 button questions

Dirty Rockstar

Alright guys.. Since we don;t have an electrical section, I thought I'd post it here.. (Mods, move if I am in the wrong spot)

I have "rethought" my DIC install.. Also MAY add a DIS.. And the UB3.. That is still going in.. But i have some questions before I get too deep into the install of the electronic goodies..

On the 3 components I have mentioned, what types of switches/buttons would I be able to use in an attempt to change them? By this I mean; simple on/off, toggle, etc.. Basically, the type of control I am looking at requires this knowledge.. Anyone with some info, I would appreciate it! Thanks..

Alright, for a Simple push button, to change it to a toggle it would have to be a momentary toggle. They makes toggles that literly switch up and down, but it only taps the button, making it momentary. You could also go for a spring loaded button.

If its a two stage button, you could use a On-OFF toggle, a ON-OFF-ON Toggle, a clicker toggle, or a retaining toggle. The clicker toggle is the one you push down and it stays down till you push it again where it returns to its normal position. A retaining toggle is much like a clicker toggle, but it pops back up regardless. Retainer toggles generally have a light or color indicator showing if its on or off.

Hope this helps.

With the exception of the UB3 trip/odo and E/M button all the rest will require a momentary switch of some sort. That idea if yours will work if each function has it's own corresponding area, although it could be somewhat confusing with 30 or so buttons.

You might want to call Britian and ask "Q" for some help, I'm sure he could fab up a hidden control panel for you. :lol: