I am offically W-Bodyless... see page 2 for update pics

Givemebreak

actually....the tranny is fine....never had an issue with it.

I had a list of things that it needed and after the monsoon I had in my trunk

and soaked all my stereo eq. I threw in the towel persay!

Sold it as-is and the new owner will take care of the other issues.

It was in need of rear struts,mounts, balljoints,tierods for now.

I saw upcoming replacement of brakes all around sometime shortly

and the coolant was just starting to seep from the intake.

It actually ran just fine tho...

I saw a S10 down the street that I am planning on grabbin...I will keep you posted! :D

Nothing says "Chevy" like a cowl hood and rally stripes (that actually looks pretty cool on that S-10) !

Lemme tell ya, those 2WD S-10's with the 4.3 are absolutely worthless in the snow, even when you weigh down the bed. They sure are fun to do some "drifting" with, though!

2.2.......what are those rated like 140hp or less?

Not sure...didn't buy it for performance...looks good and gas will be good.

Plus with having a house now....a pickup will come in handy

Well I hate to let u all down....its a 2.2 with a 5spd....but sharp none the less!

My dad's got an '03 S-10 LS with the Ecotech 2.2L Auto, and he's pretty happy with it. The seats make my ass hurt though.

Not bad at all! FYI, the 2200 is an excellent little motor and is very easy to work on. Just a word of warning, though: Seeing as it's closing in on 70k, you're going to need the head gasket replaced soon. The HG's go out on those motors every 70k like clockwork (unless you use a FelPro gasket the next time you replace it, then you'll easily get 100k out of the gasket.) Not to worry though, cause like I said, the 2.2 is damn near one of the easiest motors to work on, and HG replacement is very straightforward...

• 2 weeks later...

Looks nice, I had some clear corners like that for my Blazer, but I sold em for 30 bucks and got the originals too. Wanna sell me the hood by any chance ;-)?

the HG's do not always fail like clockwork. My dad had a '96 S10 2.2/stick with everything original except the spark plugs and fuel pump. 160,000 miles. And it had a HARD life with the long 8' bed, HD suspension that hauled heavy loads daily!!! It's only gone now because of an accident. That was one hell of a truck, if I find one cheap I'd pick it up without thinking twice.