Removing badging..

LukeZ34

I'm hoping to do this before it cools off today (another 70+ degree day!). But I need to know if the 'Cutlass Supreme' badges on the doors will come off by heating them up?

I know that's what you do for vinyl, but will the plastic ones come off? Will there be any residue left on the door?

TIA

Luke

Guest Anonymous

They should come off after heating them up. The double sided tape may come off too. But, there probably will be residue left. Get some goo gone and test it somewhere that you can't see, to make sure it won't damage the paint.

Or you can rub it with your fingers until it comes off.

Kansas weather at it's best.. unpredictible as hell. If it makes you guys feel any better, it snowed here monday and tuesday last week, but it was only about an inch of accumulation, lol

I got the badges off.. none of the double sided tape came off, so there was quite a mess to scrape off. I was able to heat it up and scrape it off with my fingers. But the left over residue will need to be taken off with something stronger.

I like the look of the car without the badges, just gives it a smoother look. I'm keeping the DOHC badges on since their at the front of the car. I've always liked those badges, so they'll stay on for a while.

Thanks for the advice!