2006 Monte Carlo Info And Pictures

manitcor

Check out the specs for that 3.9.

231CI/3791cc.

It's a damn 3.7, or 3.8 if you round up. I suppose it's easier to sell the engine if they say "But it's bigger than the 3.8!"

Somebody goofed. Bore and stroke are listed as 3.90 and 3.31 in inches respectively, or 99 by 84 millimeters, so it's 237ci/3880cc. Do the math.

Well at least the 3800 is finally gone... as with the 3100 and 3400 they were putting in the damn things. the 3500 even looks respectable with near 300ft/lbs of torque!

As for the design... well I guess they HAD to mess around with it, right? :roll:

Hey, would that 3900 swap into cars with the 3X00 series?

They are built off the same design right?

the 3900 should technically mount into a w-body however you have to deal with the electronic throttle body and electronic powersteering

you either have alot of wiring or some serious computer tuning todo.

Yeah I noticed the misprint of the size of the 3900, the second poster is right, a little math shows the reals displacemnt which is damn near 3.9.

not to mention 240hp/245tq, thats as much power as an l67 with only .1 more literes. Thats a 60v6 design for you.

Personally Id love an SS :twisted:

Yeah I noticed the misprint of the size of the 3900, the second poster is right, a little math shows the reals displacemnt which is damn near 3.9.

not to mention 240hp/245tq, thats as much power as an l67 with only .1 more literes. Thats a 60v6 design for you.

And it does this on 87 octane. A good thing with rising fuel prices.

looks as if the instrument cluster and guages went back a couple years...otherwise they look alright.

about f-ing time for the V8.

now that 3.9L, is that going to be the same as the 3.9L VVT as in the G6? holy hell...240HP :shock:

looks as if the instrument cluster and guages went back a couple years...otherwise they look alright.

about f-ing time for the V8.

now that 3.9L, is that going to be the same as the 3.9L VVT as in the G6? holy hell...240HP :shock:

yeap, same engine, I noticed in the spec sheet that VVT was not listed as a feature, I dont know if thats a mistake or if they are leaving VVT out on the MC. It would be possible to have 2 sligtly different versions of the engine, but Im not sure why they would do such a thing.

• 5 weeks later...

am i the only one that noticed from the front of the doors on back, the car is exactly the same as the previous 6 years? honeslty, and the front ALMOST looks the same as well!

i dunno, i like the creases on the side.

in the photochop, it looks like a lexus to me.

good job on the photoshop btw.

I think the problem is the grill.

LANASCARMonteCarlo02.jpg

whats so wrong about that?

:fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity: :fruity:

I like a clean, smooth look so I'm not a big fan of the creases. 90's Lexus's had squintier headlights, but all the current ones have big giant googly lights like the Monte does. It's the style of the day.

I would like the grille if the car had squinty headlights like my photochop.

My taste is just old-school 90's. I like 90's short squinty headlights. I don't like today's super tall headlights. Maybe it's because I'm Asian and people say we have squinty eyes so I can identify better with squinty-eyed cars. :)

I like a clean, smooth look so I'm not a big fan of the creases. 90's Lexus's had squintier headlights, but all the current ones have big giant googly lights like the Monte does. It's the style of the day.

I would like the grille if the car had squinty headlights like my photochop.

My taste is just old-school 90's. I like 90's short squinty headlights. I don't like today's super tall headlights. Maybe it's because I'm Asian and people say we have squinty eyes so I can identify better with squinty-eyed cars. :)

LOL

As for the design, I think thier aspect is to, and I quote, "improve" upon what they already have.

Porsche/BMW/Mercedes and so on, have always had this mentality, thus the reason for not changing the modles radically.They just keep improving small "problems" in past generations. You don't make progress by completely redesigning a modle every 5 years.

GM has me worried with all these new platforms coming out. It could be a good thing, it could be a bad thing, but who knows, GM sounds like its on peril.