2006 Monte Carlo Info And Pictures

manitcor

I just found it funny the forum blocked out 'cock' from 'cockpit'.

I dunno what my opinions are on the new style... I think its gonna have to grow on me. One thing though, WHY THE LACK OF GAUGES. C'mon GM.

Check out the specs for that 3.9.

231CI/3791cc.

It's a damn 3.7, or 3.8 if you round up. I suppose it's easier to sell the engine if they say "But it's bigger than the 3.8!"

they are nasty on that site and even worse at the autoshow. The rims are the same for the cobalt, monte ss, and impala ss. WTF? I don't like the direction chev is going with the more rounded look as opposed to the sharp lines on the caddys. Later Jay

I actually like the front end of the old ones better, and I didn't like the front end of the 00+ Monte at all.

The interior looks nice though, and that V8 I gotta get for a swap.

I think it looks pretty good.. The interior is pretty bland though... but most all of GM's interiors are that way now. The lack of gauges is the biggest complaint I have, for a performance model you'd think they'd change the cluster some.

Im really digging the new style, ive seen alot of people who are screaming about how crappy it looks and that it is crossed with this or that. If I were to say it was any type of cross it would bea 5th gen front with a 6th gen style rear and some new accents and what looks like a very nice looking interior.

Im liking it so far so much Im seriouly considering saving my pennies for an '07 becasue we all know the 1st year of a new body is riddled with problems.

I absofuckinglutely hate it.. Now I know the year range to get.. 95-05.. (Preferably 01-05 Hi-sport appearance).. Chevy tore a page from the Kia book and made a life sized Rio.. :puke: This kills me.. I am a HUGE Monte Carlo fanatic.. And this pisses me off..

EDIT: It looks to me like they're taking a step BAKWARD in airbag steering wheel design:

X06CH_MC013.jpg

737383_7_full.jpg

Check out the specs for that 3.9.

231CI/3791cc.

It's a damn 3.7, or 3.8 if you round up. I suppose it's easier to sell the engine if they say "But it's bigger than the 3.8!"

LOL, I noticed that too. And IIRC the 3800 is 3792cc so it's actually BIGGER than the 3900! Hahahaha

The LS4 is an awesome motor in a shitty wrapper. It'll be better once it's taken out of that packaging and put into something with a bit...err a LOT more style...

I'm thinking LS4 + 94-96 GTP = teh sexX0r.

i think i have a pic or 2 from the autoshow i'll post later...i kinda like the new design, although to me...the front looks like the 95-99 style...dunno why they are kinda going backwords with the design a bit... :?

I like the whole damn thing! I don't see anything to bitch about, I'd take one in a heartbeat! Well....it should be RWD, but that aint gonna happen.

Aaron

why oh why do they need to mess with perfection.

Maybe their idea of perfection is far from the truth. To be honest I dont think I ever liked one single FWD Monte Carlo ever.

I saw it in detriot, and the interior I think is better then all the modern GM interiors.

but I've stated my opinion on where GM is going.

The thing about this interior is the meterial, its soft, but firm, (not stiff and might give a little like the previous generation)

well...i guess there was only 1 pic taken of the new monte... :? ...we couldnt get into the interior or anything because it was roped off...but, here's what the outside looks like:

292704726cBnGWS_ph.jpg

Why didn't you just check out the impala that was next to it? Same interior basically.

I gladley reached in and carfully inspected the interior.

well, FYI: i was @ the Greater Cleveland Auto show...the cars were BOTH roped off...the impala was in front of the monte, but you couldnt get to it either... :wink: