Black Trim Paint

skiiirt

As you can see in this picture. The black trim is fading horribly. Should I go buy a can of touch up paint and go to town? I need some suggestions on how to fix this mess without spending large sums of $$

ugly.jpg

well, here's what i'd do...get some 600 grit sandpaper...wetsand it down (to smooth off the edges), then mask the area off, and spray it with some semi-flat paint (rattlecan)...just my .02

well, here's what i'd do...get some 600 grit sandpaper...wetsand it down (to smooth off the edges), then mask the area off, and spray it with some semi-flat paint (rattlecan)...just my .02

ahhhhhhh fuck

ahhhhhhh fuck

:roll:

:skep:

:shrug:

ahhhhhhh fuck

:roll:

:skep:

:shrug:

:gone2far:

My friends dad that buys and sells cars and fixes them mechanically does a little body work..which includes fixing that. If you really wanna get cheap here buy a black Sharpie and color it in with the marker

- Jeff L.

If you really wanna get cheap here buy a black Sharpie and color it in with the marker

- Jeff L.

Worst idea ever

Worse than Nair? :lol:

Yea even worse than that wierd ass idea.

If you really wanna get cheap here buy a black Sharpie and color it in with the marker

- Jeff L.

Worst idea ever

Sorry..I forgot that not everyone knows the "nair" story from OT.com. Here's the short version. The moron was dumb enough to ask about hair removal from his balls. Someone said "soak em in a container of nair for 20 minutes" Dude ended up with a chemical burn and had to go to the hospital...and it's been a running joke since then on a few forums I frequent now.

- Jeff L.

Worst idea ever

Sorry..I forgot that not everyone knows the "nair" story from OT.com. Here's the short version. The moron was dumb enough to ask about hair removal from his balls. Someone said "soak em in a container of nair for 20 minutes" Dude ended up with a chemical burn and had to go to the hospital...and it's been a running joke since then on a

few forums I frequent now.

Are you fuckin serious :smilielol: :smilielol:

What a dumb fuck :lol:

Yeah...then when he got back and the fucker actually posted pics of his balls. It looked like there was a red lightbulb under the bandages. Then the next thing someone said was "Oh well, shouda used Brake Fluid" :lol:

Yeah...then when he got back and the fucker actually posted pics of his balls. It looked like there was a red lightbulb under the bandages. Then the next thing someone said was "Oh well, shouda used Brake Fluid" :lol:

gross :?

:puke: :gone2far: :nono:

The moron was dumb enough to ask about hair removal from his balls. Someone said "soak em in a container of nair for 20 minutes"

:shock: That shit burned like a mofo when we thought it would be awesome to put it on my face ages ago... I can't even fathom what it would do below the belt. W o w .

And the marker idea... sounds like a gig many sales lots would pull. If it works, then meh.

I would do something similar, but 600-grit might be a little rough, you might try 1200-grit. When I use just 600, the sanding marks still show through paint.

I would also use gloss paint, it'll match the glass better.

Maybe some of that Bumper Black stuff would work, for re-dying faded trim? It's meant for rubber trim, I think, but maybe worth a shot... kinda like liquid shoe polish

I would do something similar, but 600-grit might be a little rough, you might try 1200-grit. When I use just 600, the sanding marks still show through paint.

I would also use gloss paint, it'll match the glass better.

yeah...i shoulda mentioned to start with 600 to take down the edges..then go with 1000 or 1500 to prep for paint...if you start with 1500 it'll take forever to get the edge down and waste alot of paper...

Wal-mart has a rust-resistant gloss black enamel that doesn't need a primer. It works pretty good, you could use that. It would save you a step.

If you want to prime, I've had decent luck with the cheap 99-cent Wal-mart Colorplace spray cans. Just don't use their clearcoat, although it's the smoothest clearcoat in a spray can I've ever used, it turns chalky over time with exposure to UV.