next project

no1kicker

W-body project  

1. 1. W-body project

• Grand Prix convertible
    • Grand Prix sedan w/ B4U
    • keep dreaming

Thinking of starting a new project when my TA gets done. I've had these ideas floating around in my head for a bit.

1.) Take a cutlass convertible and turn it into a GP convertible. Use TGP body parts and a GP interior. Engine would be either the 3.1 turbo w/ bigger turbo, or L67 w/ few mods.

2.) Take a 4 door GP and add a B4U body kit, either the TGP-93 or 94-96 style. I would keep the lightbar. Engine would be same as above.

3.) Forget both, they are going to be money and labor intensive and might not ever get finished. I won't ever get the time and money back. And my parents might kill me if I bring home a non running car and take up more garage space. :lol:

1 and 2 would require finding a car w/ motor or tranny problems, hopefully, to save money. If I go with 3 I would probably pick up a 2nd gen GTP.

well, i think a GP convertable apearently has been done,

Red%20TGP%20with%20cloth%20top,%20icky.jpg

Or a regular GP with a fake top.

ASC had made ONE years ago.. and thats the only one that seemingly existed.

Guest TurboSedan

why does that pic say "Stolen From J&M studios" on it? did Jeff M actually take the pic himself or did he just steal it from someone else? it would be a nice pic without the stupid watermark :roll:

I would go for the 4door with the B4U kit on it. And go with a 3.1T, I don't think that the L67 is all that it's cracked up to be. I mean it would be a cool swap 'n all, but turbos are still cooler.

That TGP definitely has a fake convertible top. You can tell, because a real convertible top won't have that chrome bar at the bottom of the C-pillar. The chrome bar is a trademark of a company that makes carriage roofs for old fogies.

Forget both, they are going to be money and labor intensive and might not ever get finished. I won't ever get the time and money back. And my parents might kill me if I bring home a non running car and take up more garage space.

If any of the above is true, I say just keep dreaming!

That TGP definitely has a fake convertible top. You can tell, because a real convertible top won't have that chrome bar at the bottom of the C-pillar.

that, and the sunroof kind of gives it away :smilielol:

I would go for the 4door with the B4U kit on it. And go with a 3.1T, I don't think that the L67 is all that it's cracked up to be. I mean it would be a cool swap 'n all, but turbos are still cooler.

You can always turbocharge an L67....they put down nice #'s(hp/torque and ET's).

Most of you did say keep dreaming. :lol: That's probably what will happen unfortunately. I do want to make a Grand Prix convertible, I think more than the B4U sedan. Just need to find one, and a place to keep it. :?