stupid snow!

john99gtp

Well, over this series of storms, i manged to do something to my windshield wiper on my pass. side.

it wont work :(

it actually looks kind of funny, going down the road with only the drivers side working.

anyone know how hard it is to fix on your own???

thanks in advanced

John

Guest TurboSedan

we got some snow yesterday and now i get to swap a transmission in 30* weather and in a wet/slushy parking lot :? it was 68* & sunny here two days ago!

we got some snow yesterday and now i get to swap a transmission in 30* weather and in a wet/slushy parking lot :? it was 68* & sunny here two days ago!
That sucks! It's fricken windy too!

John it doesn't move the arm at all? I thought they were connected together somehow.

Do the newer arms use nuts to hold the arm to the pivot? Maybe the nut backed off, but I'm guessing the arm might be stripped out. Look at the post the arm mounts to and see if it's turning when your wipers are on. If it is, then you'll probably need a new wiper arm. If not, then it might be the wiper transmission, but I'd doubt it.

Yeah, it's only like a week to the start of spring, and it's still snowing here! :? I was supposed to work some more on the parts car but then it fucking snowed last night like a inch. :bash: :bash:

A good test is if you can move it yourself. Not being familiar with newer GPs but with older ones, the arms sit on a splined shaft. Of course, with no splines (wiped out), no turning.

If the splines are good, there is the arm mechanism the wiper arms run off. Best I can do to show you is off my S-10. The motor turns the left wiper blade via an arm...another arm then connects the left wiper to the right wiper. I may have a clearer picture, but this one probably gives you the point.

s10-52.jpg

That's on my wiper page http://members.aol.com/great88fiero/s10/wiper.htm

Good luck. Bad news is, it's gonna need parts, regardless of what you find...unless it's a lose bolt.

what did you manage to do to it? i don't see how you can just break it...LOL

well, on tuesday, it was raining in the morning, so my wipers were on delay, then it got cold out, froze the rain and turned to snow. I went out to start my car, not realizing delay was on, and left. (it was on the uber long delay, so i didnt even see it wipe the first time)

ill take a look ben, thanks :)

bah, that easy

1/2" socket was all i needed

the nut came lose, so it was just spinning

i feel special :oops:

:lol: You dork!

:werd:

:lol:

Snow......haha, it was about 75* here today(Georgia!!!). I took advantage of it and cleaned the SE for about 6hrs. :oops: Then I drove it for 10mins(it was about dark out when I got finished cleaning it) and put it back in the garage. We're supposed to be getting some rain/storms here in a minute though, if it's clear/nice out at any point tomorrow I'll have some new pics of the '93.

we got hit friday with a good 2 inches. driving home on bald tires sucked.

yeah a girl at work had that happen to her GP GT but i dunno whats up. maybe just the wiper motor took a crap?

we got hit friday with a good 2 inches. driving home on bald tires sucked.

yeah a girl at work had that happen to her GP GT but i dunno whats up. maybe just the wiper motor took a crap?

tell her to take a 1/2" socket to the nut on the arm.

just pop off that black cap, that all mine was.