Going To Start Up The Beast

chadz34

Well it's almost that time again to go start the Lumina. This is such a hastle. Hook the battery up, washer fluid and stabilizer. I hate when I start it up after it sits for a year it ticks for a good 2 minutes then runs good. It will quit if you put it into drive when you first start it. I heard that since I store it so much I can take the oil out and put more in when I get the car out again. Will have pics of me and my car when I go out soon. Any good storage tips are appreciated PEACE! *cough*44,000KMS*cough :lol:

When you start it up just don't rev the crap out of it ;)

I had my 88' stored for a while back when my sister got her car (insurance) but then I got a job so I needed my own car again. It sat for 6mths or something and fired right up. Most important thing when storing a vehicle is just change the oil before you do, fill the tank up all the way and add some Stabil, and take the battery out.

if i had another car, i would definitly store my euro.

if youre gonna store it for a long time without starting it, put that Sta-Bil fuel saver in the tank, change the oill before hand( or now if you want) and just make sure nothing's gonna leak or dry out.

our monte we dont have to worry because we start it at least once a month

garaging and trailering cars is for people scared to get a little dirt or snow on their cars, wusses

In my area, unless you want to wash the salt off your car everyday, get it undercoated, have the engine get dirty no matter what, then go ahead and drive it in the snow. If you got a Stang or F-body, you're gonna be sliding all over the place and risk getting stuck/smashing it up.

I agree though, for a w-body it's kinda pointless. These cars are meant to be daily drivers. TGP would be an exception I suppose.

garaging and trailering cars is for people scared to get a little dirt or snow on their cars, wusses

Yeah, and if I had $50,000 in a car, or simply a car that was hella cool, I'd drive it in the winter too.

You might be the onlyone on here that stores their W it must be in real good shape.

i do as well...i can't wait till this freaking snow goes away...it's killing me :willynilly:

My Lumina is my winter beater as well.

It will actually be stored this summer and then fired up again in November or October. I'll probably drive it when it rains or when I need to take alot of people with me somewhere during summer though. Lol, since I've owned the RX-7 it's never seen rain..let alone drive in it. That Japanese sheetmetal rusts to easily..

- Jeff L.

yeah my car is in amazing condition as i said i will have pics you all to enjoy. by the way i can tell you store your car adam its a nice gp. and yes i did put the red/pink octane booster fuel stabilizer.

Whats up folks?! I just joined and all that garbage and I wanna know what cheap mods you all have done that you feel really make your car stand out.

WTF does that have to do with this thread? :roll: :?

u either don't care about your car or have a rust bucket, yeah i dumpped a shit load of cash into my car, so i think i'll take a few thousand dollar paint job out in the snow! We store them cuz we can, not cuz we think they are gonna be worth a million dollars. The salt in metro detroit is so bad it is piled up enough to actually cause a accident, such as driving in loose gravel! Later Jay

Hell, having it sit in a huge pile of snow probably isn't that bad for the car. Its all the damn salt, sand, and temperature changes that does all the damage. Snow melts and turns to water, and then it's gone.

Z34_Nut.... store that baby! That's a car truely worth taking to shows and to the strip.

Z34nut that is a nice Z store it. that kinda looks like mine exept i got stock wheels. which will be changed when it comes out. extremelumina92 is right i know my car isnt worth $50,000 I store it becuase I can and it wont rust or damage the paint. plus storing your car is cheap where i store mine its only 60 bucks for 6 months. what are you guys who store your cars paying? I would have kept my Z in my garage but it would be near the snowblower and thats basically not gonna happen.

Whats up folks?! I just joined and all that garbage and I wanna know what cheap mods you all have done that you feel really make your car stand out.

I made my own headers out of Coors light cans and drag race it on Mt Everest. I ran a 20 something up there, so at sea level it'd be 9's, easy.