Where to buy rare bulb???

TeeJay3800

I need to replace the bulbs in my headlight switch. Its the type where you insert the bulb into the switch body, and then rotate it to lock it into place.

Radio Shack did not have it. Anyone know where I can find this bulb?

I need to replace the bulbs in my headlight switch.

Like inside your car on the actual knob thingy?

Have you tried AutoZone or PepBoys?

If they don't have it they usually have that car database thing which has all the bulbs and shit in cars...that comes in handy at times.

Thanks Davis.

My bulb is completely missing, but the socket is the same design as the fog light switch, only a little smaller.

This socket is on the outside of the switch frame, but I don't think it will light up the switch itself (only the text around the dimmer switch). How would I replace the bulbs that make the switch itself light up? I took the cover off, and taking the switch apart looks like a PAIN.

The light thats not working is the one on the headlight button itsself or the ones that light up the text that says foglights??

i have the ones that light up the text.......im not sure about the ones that light up that button when the headlights or parking lights.....that might be internal and not replaceable......

NOTHING on the switch lights up. Neither the button itself nor the text on the side (by the dimmer slider). I believe you are correct that the lights for the switch itself ARE NOT replaceable. However, the bulb for the text is on the outside of the switch and easy to get to.

If you have the bulb I'm looking for in you "inventory" that'd be cool since I'm not having any luck finding it locally.

You can replace the bulb in the socket. If you unwrap the wire leads and straighten them out, the bulb will pull right out of the socket. Then put in a new bulb and bend the leads the same way the original was.

If you can't find tiny 12V bulbs with leads, you can always mail order them from Parts Express. LINK (see bottom of that search page)

Only problem is S&H is so high. :(

Hmm I'm not sure I know what you're describing. For one thing, the bulb was missing when I pulled the switch out, so I don't know what it looks like. The socket doesn't really have any wire leads, it just has two metal contacts that are fixed. It appears to be the same type of bulb that the fog light switch uses (where you rotate the bulb to snap it in place).

I'll post a pic when I get home.

That uses a mini bulb and a plastic bulb socket.

You should be able to go to a Advance Auto or Autozone and find the bulb and socket. Just drag a parts man to your car and show him what you need.