RKE Receiver Location 95 Cutty Convertible ??

dhs1223

I need some help in locating the RKE receiver box in my 95 Cutlass Convertible.

When I bought the car, it did NOT come with any key fobs. Found one on Ebay, insured power by installing fresh batteries. Grounded the connector in the trunk by the antenna, the locks and trunk release cycled, pressed a button on the remote, disconnected the jumper cable and NOTHING.

I am assuming for now that the RKE receiver may be bad. Since I do not have a clue what it looks like, I am unable to identify it. Any references I have read as to location, indicate under parcel shelf or back window shelf. Well, a Cutlass convertible has no back shelf, therefore, I do not know where to look.

Thank you in advance for your help, I don't want to tear my trunk apart looking for something I can't identify.

If it's the same as a 94, it's a black plastic box mounted on top of that welded in framework between the wheel wells... I'm talking about that framework that houses the hydraulic pump for the top.

Thanks for the info on what to look for.

And, NO, the locks did not cycle when the button was pressed on the remote, however, if the RKE receiver box is bad, then how would I know if the remote is good or not??

I will keep plugging away at it. Thanks

He said it did cycle when the connector was grounded. I don't know if that proves the receiver is operating but that would push me toward thinking that the remote is the problem. You need another one to be sure. You'll need two anyway!

He said it did cycle when the connector was grounded. I don't know if that proves the receiver is operating but that would push me toward thinking that the remote is the problem. You need another one to be sure. You'll need two anyway!

Gotcha.. Remotes for sure.