Serpentine Belt Tensioner

Jamz

I would think that the 3.4 vs. the 2.8/3.1 is a different tensioner...just call around! Also its not an expensive part as well as not too bad to install.

It's not so bad on a 2.8/3.1. It's just held in by a bolt and that's it.

2.8/3.1 were the same. Not sure about 3.4, I tend to think it's the same too.

I'm at work so I can't go check.

when i pulled a 3.4 at work i was looking at the tensioner and i said to myself, "thats THE LAST thing i ever want to replace on this engine."

[goes out and pulls the tensioner off his 3.1 and puts it back on out of spite] AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

[goes and pulls the spark plugs from his engine and puts them back very quickly out of spite]

[goes out and pulls the tensioner off his 3.1 and puts it back on out of spite] AHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

[goes and pulls the spark plugs from his engine and puts them back very quickly out of spite]

*pulls the alternator off his engine, replaces it in five minutes*

I recently replaced the one in our van (1995 Lumina APV 3.1) there is very little room in the engine bay on those things (much more room in a W), but still was only a 15min job. They are the same for 2.8/3.1/prob 3100 too.

yeah the 3100 is easy except you have to be careful when your dealing with a hot motor!

:lol:

I've burnt myself a few times trying to change an alternator right after i'd got done driving around

yeah the 3100 is easy except you have to be careful when your dealing with a hot motor!

:lol:

I've burnt myself a few times trying to change an alternator right after i'd got done driving around

just pour cold water on it...

:leaving:

Wow, you have a "motor?" All my cars have an "engine." :flip:

BTW, a "Motor" is what powers your air compressor in the shop... you know, plugs into the wall... an "engine" is what's in cars...

Mike

Wow, you have a "motor?" All my cars have an "engine." :flip:

BTW, a "Motor" is what powers your air compressor in the shop... you know, plugs into the wall... an "engine" is what's in cars...

Mike

Say, semantic police, write into Motor Trend, and tell them that it's incorrect terminology to use the terms "motor" and "powerplant".

I'm not even going to ask how using the term "four-banger" is incorrect. :lol:

Motor is widely used, any more, to describe an engine... it's even in the dictionary... but then again, so is "Aint"

Growing up in a family of automotive engineers, I got corrected every time I called an engine a motor. All of them, grandpa, uncles, and aunt...

You will also notice no other form of motorsports besides Nascar calls them motors... of course, Nascar also calls dampers "shocks" (which they are, as they're not struts). Did anybody see the show where a Nascar driver and an F1 driver traded cars? The announcer was talking about the difference between the cars they were driving and the current ones running races and said some thing about the dampers on the F1 car, then said "Those are Shocks for you Nascar folks" :lol:

I'm not even going to ask how using the term "four-banger" is incorrect.

Is that like DVDA?? :lol:

Mike