Blazertech 2600's

Brian P

Be in for a surprise my friends, when the bulbs blow. It uses POS H2 style bulbs which you will be hard pressed to find. I'm converting it to H3 though which is a lot more readily available.

H2? WTH?? I thought it was pretty much standard that almost all fog lights just used H3's. Oh well, guess I was wrong.

Do you think that there will be a difference in the amount of light output between the two?

Fluted = the refracting pattern on the glass lens.

I didn't know the Blazertech replacements actually used different bulbs than OEM. I like how they look, but I wanted to use them as fogs and not driving lights. I was thinking if they used 885's like the OEM, you could put in 880's and use them as fogs (since the 880's have a masked front). I guess that kills that idea.

The beam pattern is much different from the factory's too. Housing is longer and narrower towards the rear instead of shorter and wider.

well, i knew that the blazertechs used H2's and i've been lookin around for a while for some aftermarket bulbs and keep coming up empty handed...did you blow one of your bulbs already?...i was thinkin bout converting to the h3's also...just wasnt sure if the wiring can handle it...and what the difference is between the 2...and, will the h3's even fit the blazertech housing?... :?

damn right it will fit. Make it fit! LOL

Yeah I was planning on putting in H3's, and the night I was driving home to do it, one burnt out. I do a lot of night driving, and they flash with the alarm.

If you want, I'll take pics. I'm doing this tomorrow.

The H3's are 55W just like the H2's, just different base, and the bulb is slightly bigger. Oh and it has the + wire already attached.

The driving beam pattern is not offensive to other drivers so long as you aim them correctly. Mine are aimed down a bit just for further measure, it acts more like a fog light that way too. During heavy snow, etc they actually help a great deal.

Just wondering...Where is the best place to buy the 2600s? I am thinking about putting some on my Regal.

Also I would be interested in the H3 conversion.

thanks

CHRIS

I don't think you'd actually gain anything from an H3 conversion.

H2's are more efficient (more lumens per watt) and they have the same rated life as H3's.

GE bulb book

Also from http://www.vclassics.com/archive/lightprn.htm

Three common types of single-filament halogen type bulbs are H1, H2 and H3. The H1 puts out 29 lumens per watt (lm/w), the H2 is 33 lm/w and the H3 is 26 lm/w -- versus the 13 lm/w of a tungsten bulb. Any of these three could be found in a fog light. The bulbs don't interchange -- a lamp is built to take a certain bulb.

H3 is actually the least efficient of the 3.

yes, i DEFFINATLLY would be interested in pix of the H3 conversion because, like i said i've been thinkin about doing something like this for a few months now also...the H2s look really YELLOW compared to the silverstars and i don't like it...so, pleaze take pix and whatnot of the swap...

• 2 weeks later...

no, not yet, and no. :?

In due time I'll have it done (Or will I just get some H3-using lights?) right now I'm driving with one foglight missing..LOL

Sorry Daddy. I went and spent $22 american dollars on some lights from Pilot that take the H3's, swapped them all in and I'm good. The Blazertechs are brighter though than these, but the pilots are smaller. At this point whether or not I'd want to modify the blazertechs..mehh.

I had to buy a whole new set of 2600s for my car. Broke both lenses out, the bulbs still work, but the chrome is so.. shitty that they don't shine anywhere.