Grand Prix Spoiler Mounting Kit?

fastbird232

Someone did an atrocious job of attaching the stock spoiler to the trunk lid ('95 GTP), so I took it off and scraped away all the putty they used. Now, is there a kit to put it back on? If not, how do I and still make it look decent?

Don't believe there is anything special for it. The ones I've come across were just drilled into the trunklid and the holes were sealed up. Put some silicone around the holes, under the posts.

Well, here's another problem, which is rather hard to explain...

You know how there are 4 bolts holding the spoiler on? The two holes that are towards the rear of the lid are too large for the bolts. I mean, there's nothing for the bolts to grab on the spoiler because the holes are so damn big. The shop that repainted the car used sealant or epoxy in the holes and then stuck the bolts in. Is this the only way to do it?

Is my description clear enough, or should I go take a picture?

No I know what you mean... almost sounds like the holes are stripped or someone pulled the mounting bolts out. Can you epoxy them back in?