2.8's power SUCKS!

88Regal Limited

HI, i'm just wondering WHY MY FRIGGIN 2.8 IS SO FRIGGIN SLOW!!!

As you know, its in the 88 regal, 4speed auto. This thing does like a 0-60 in what...13seconds? Its a dog when it's cold and is way too slow!

Is this normal? I'm just checkin.

You don't know what the Iron Duke was?

The Duke is the king of all 4 cylinders. At 2.5L (IIRC), it made a staggering 89hp. It truly is a GM classic, and will be remembered as one of the most potent and powerful I4s ever made.

You don't know what the Iron Duke was?

The Duke is the king of all 4 cylinders. At 2.5L (IIRC), it made a staggering 89hp. It truly is a GM classic, and will be remembered as one of the most potent and powerful I4s ever made.

Iron Duke baby!

But :thumbsdown: to all 4 bangers.

Bwhahahaha.

If you are serious - just save up and get a newer W-style car with the 3.8's...

:D

Man - I can't believe you said that about the Iron Duke...I feel dirty for reading that... :oops: :lol:

try getting the injectors cleaned and use something like seafoam and see if it helps. hows the plugs and wires? open up the intake! and see if Vegeta (Ben) can make a chip for you. get an underdrive pulley from FFP. Open up the exhaust if you don't have emissions checks remove the cat. these things will get your Regal moving alittle quicker and I think you will be very satisfied with the results!

Don

FFP doesn't make underdrive pulleis for the Duke since the amoutn of torque that the Duke makes would actually break the aluminum piece in half.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Get a 5 speed, I have a WAI and no cat, and I can give 3100 Ws a damn good run for their money. Nothing to brag about, but factor in that the 2.8 is probably the most reliable of the 60* motors and it's not a bad combo.

but factor in that the 2.8 is probably the most reliable of the 60* motors

All 60* motors are about the same in reliability. Even the 3.4L DOHC is a reliable motor. From my experience, pretty much all 660s are very reliable, hell even the rare, fast ones still are (3.1 turbo, 3.4L DOHC, etc).

Let me reiterate, the 2.8 is probably one of the cheaper motors to maintain. No later gen. plastic intakes to leak, just throw a dist. o-ring in there once in a while and you're golden. Plus the shorter stroke is going to mean less moving weight, easier on bearings, that translates to longer life.

Get a 5 speed, I have a WAI and no cat, and I can give 3100 Ws a damn good run for their money. Nothing to brag about, but factor in that the 2.8 is probably the most reliable of the 60* motors and it's not a bad combo.
thats true that 2.8s are some of the most reliable motors made but i've heard that the 3.1 is close very close to the 2.8 in reliability :?

I used to have an 87 Century with the 2.8L MPFI. This thing took a serious beating!! First there was my mother, (no concept of vehicle maitenance...), my sister, (dito, and thought it was a Nascar...), and then there was me.... The body died before the engine. It was at the point where the roof lining was hanging down :lol: It had 300, 000 + km's on it, and there was never a serious problems with the engine or the tranny! :shock: We gave it away to my dad's mechanic a couple of years ago.

HI, i'm just wondering WHY MY FRIGGIN 2.8 IS SO FRIGGIN SLOW!!!

As you know, its in the 88 regal, 4speed auto. This thing does like a 0-60 in what...13seconds? Its a dog when it's cold and is way too slow!

Is this normal? I'm just checkin.

130 horsepower.

3300 pounds.

Do the math.