I thought liquid was supposed to drain out of the trunk??

HokemBokem

Well the past two days when I would first get into my car I would smell some type of funky smell ( like rotten food or something of that sort). So today I went on a mission to get that smell out! Well after finding nothing in the interior I popped the trunk and the smell was overwhelming (sp) :puke:

So I started taking everything out when I got to the spare. Once I took the spare out there was about 2 inches of yeloowish brown water just chillin. Then I remembered that I spilled a cooler filled with "soda" and lots of water in my trunk about a week earlier. But what im wondering is how come the water was just sitting in there like a pool? I thought there was a little drain hole or something :shrug: Oh and there was some loose change there at the bottom so I was thinking maybe one of the coins was blocking the drain hole if there is one at all?

I don't think there is a hole. My old GP did that without me knowing it. I never go in the trunk, so it filled the entire spare wheel well and then some. I just took a drill and drilled a nice hole in the bottom of the spare tire well.. worked just fine.

on my 93' the truck is almost rotted away, thanks to NH winters, and holes along the top rails of the trunk (where the water is supposed to run down)so my trunk is constanly damp.

on my 93' the truck is almost rotted away, thanks to NH winters, and holes along the top rails of the trunk (where the water is supposed to run down)so my trunk is constanly damp.

Damn that doesent sound good. Yea all my carpet was weta nd everything. I got a shop vac, some towels, carpet cleaner, and some Oust for the smell. And about hour and a half later everything is nice and dry and smellin fresh. Now I just need to remember to drain my coolers when the ice all melts :o

There is a plug you can take out under the spare. It was removed from my 94 and I had to put it back.

Once I took the spare out there was about 2 inches of yeloowish brown water just chillin.

Nasty. Next time just hold it till you can make it to a restroom. :gone2far:

There is a plug you can take out under the spare. It was removed from my 94 and I had to put it back.

Once I took the spare out there was about 2 inches of yeloowish brown water just chillin.

Nasty. Next time just hold it till you can make it to a restroom. :gone2far:

:lol: :lol: It was probobly rotten dirty ass water. It sure did smell though :puke:

You've never been to a junkyard and seen all those cars sitting with about 3" of water in the spare tire well?

Oh yeah, what about the rule: "If it's brown drink it down"??

Hello,

I have/had the same problem...easy method to fix it is just undue 1/2 of the plug...it just releases the seal and lets water drain out. It's also pretty good at preventing it from getting back in. I did it about 5 years ago (after finding my spare floating) and it has been great since. You many need to push the plug up if it has never been released before...

So...in the picture below, ignore the muffler and look at the spare tire well...you'll see one tab is bend over like it should be, the other points down...just enough to allow water to escape.

gp-19.jpg

Hope that is clear...I'd hate to draw lines on the thing...

Hello,

I have/had the same problem...easy method to fix it is just undue 1/2 of the plug...it just releases the seal and lets water drain out. It's also pretty good at preventing it from getting back in. I did it about 5 years ago (after finding my spare floating) and it has been great since. You many need to push the plug up if it has never been released before...

So...in the picture below, ignore the muffler and look at the spare tire well...you'll see one tab is bend over like it should be, the other points down...just enough to allow water to escape.

gp-19.jpg

Hope that is clear...I'd hate to draw lines on the thing...

'ooooh nice muffler.....

:joke: i know my cutlass has this done already but it also has been sealed as good as i can seal it(without welding a solid plate over the rear of the car) as far as i know it no longer leaks so thats a good thing right? :oops:

OH FUCK IM DRUNIK AGAIN DF!I ALWQAYS BGET FUCIJKED

then , dont go and smell your trunk today , cause will puke in it

Oh my trunk smells Oust fresh now :P

I cleaned that bitch like I was selling the damn thing.

I hear ya about the winter up here, it sucks... Especially lately

I have the same exact problem with my trunk seams, and nothing seems to fix it... Imma try to grind the seams down and bondo it. I'm sick of not being able to have anything in my trunk, especially the subs, amp & carpeting :(

I don't think there is a hole. My old GP did that without me knowing it. I never go in the trunk, so it filled the entire spare wheel well and then some. I just took a drill and drilled a nice hole in the bottom of the spare tire well.. worked just fine.

Same here.