new temp sender for ub3 in lumina not working

Hairdo12

ok, i got my ub3 fully installed in my lumina and i bought a temp sender at autozone and installed it. when i start up the car the temp gage does its thing of going to max hot and then returns back cold with one light lit and then it goes out and i have no reading though all temps. the cooling fans work fine when i drive so something has to be happening with the sendor. i dont know why the temp gage doesnt work. the temp sender i am using is a WELLS temperature sensor pt# SU109.

when I upgraded my dash and changed the sensors Autozone pissed me off and gave me problems with my oil pressure sender. I bought one at carquest and it solved everything. Returned the autozone part and they couldn't have cared less

found the problem. apparently some 15 year old kid at autzone pumps his mothers gas twice and that makes him an automotive expert. the assclown got me another idiot light sensor. now i have the gage sensor.

found the problem. apparently some 15 year old kid at autzone pumps his mothers gas twice and that makes him an automotive expert. the assclown got me another idiot light sensor. now i have the gage sensor.

I just swapped my guages and have the same problem with the temp guage not working. Does the guage sensor have one wire also. To make sure I have the right sensor, is it the one behind the motor just under the egr valve.

Do you remember the part number for the guage sensor. I bought one from AutoZone today and going to put it on tomorrow. I want to make sure I have the correct one.