Leaky proportioning valve

mfs_turbo

I took my car out for a cruise the other day, when I noticed the pedal felt real mushy. The red brake light also came on. I noticed that around the middle of the car, it was leaking brake oil around the proportioning valve (#18015258). Can these be adjusted not to leak?? I've tried to look for this part in my local Pontiac dealer, also Pep Boys and a few others, but of course no luck. Any ideas where to find one of these??

IIRC (prolly from Chris' site) this is a somewhat common problem and you should be able to get it from any GP. If you can't find one let me know I've got one here on a parts TGP. It'll cost you $1,000,000 though. :wink:

Mine feels mushy with the brake light coming on, too, but I believe mine is an issue with the accumulator (goes off in .5 second intervals when I step on the brakes, if it doesn't go out completely).

Say....where in Chicago do you live?

That's way cool, god910, if possible, let me know how much it'll cost. Here's my email... mfs_turbo@yahoo.com. Thanks.

RareGMFan, I live in Lansing, Illinois, which is about 15 miles south of Chicago. I put chicago, since it is most recognized by everyone, and commute there to work. What about you? I haven't seen a TGP around here in years.

Cool! I live in Naperville, about 30 miles SW of Chicago. Lansing's not too far. The red TGP hasn't hit the road since I bought it. Been driving the white TSTE on and off for the past year (when I'm not driving the better of my AWD 6000 STEs). We're planning a mini Chicago suburbs w-body meet (nothing fancy - just to eat, and meet each other) in a few weeks, if you're up to it.