OMG another f'ing problem with this Regal

HokemBokem

:cuss: Im starting to get so tired of all this shit. Its problem after problem with this undependable bitch! Well a while ago my first key stopped working and this morning I go to start her up and I get nothing. Well I dont have anymore keys so now Im on the phone trying to get another key made with the same chip as this one :verymad: Im starting to get so sick of putting money in this bitch every couple weeks for reapirs.

Bummer man.. you have been having a few weeks of bad luck...Disco has that guide to bypassing the system..maybe you should think about it !

- Jeff L.

I haven't read Disco's method, but I think you can jumper a resistor of the proper value across the VATS control box inputs, or you can do it the fancy way and delete it out of the MEMCAL (PROM).

Yea but Im not sure if my dad will want to go bypass a VATS security systym in the car im prob going to sell/trade in soon. I got the damn key working with some q tips and alcohol. Hopefully it will last :roll:

Read through my document, and whenever you trade the car in, the dealer and the new owner will be none the wiser (provided you do a good job of hiding the "resistor pack." If you're worried about theft after disabling it, then install a kill switch (which was brought up on the board a couple of days ago.) Or if you want to do it the hard way, take the column apart and replace the whole lock cylinder (I'm assuming you don't want to get your hands that dirty :D ...)