anyone ever replace their hood release cable??

White93z34

I don't know how hard it is. But, it comes as one big cable with the lever on it, so you have to run it from the hood latch to the inside, I would think it's a pain in the arse. IMO

do you have to replace it or tightin it b/c i need to tightin mine but dont know how i have around an inch of play and its annoying having to use pliers to open it. the lead end keeps slipping out of the handle and even when its on the handle it dont go up far enough to pop it.

i just replaced mine a week ago. I put it off for a LONG time and i suggest just getting it done with. Prolly half hour i would say. mine was already disconnected so what i did was went in the car, pulled up the carpet after take the cover off the handle, disconnected it all, and then went up by the gromet in the fire wall and pulled her right through. Then when you run it, just have someone under the hood to see where it comes througha nd pull her on through. I found it very easy. I was scared at first too. Hope that helps let me know if you need and more advice or help.

Nick

Tie a long piece of wire to the old one as you pull it out, then tie the new one to the wire and pull it back through. Also, if your cable is too long that means it is stretching and needs to be replaced, there really isn't any adjustment for that.

I did mine over a year ago and found it a pain in the butt. There is not a lot of room to work with. I even took the air box off. Just take your time and you will get it. It has pissed me off even more it broke about a month ago and I'm going to replace it again.

It sucks to hear how hard this is to do. My release never has never felt very positive, so I know its gonna suck when I finally have to replace it.

I had to TAKE mine to a dealer because half the goddamn nose clip had to come apart. Not to mention the fact that I couldnt get the assembly completely apart.

Try driving with a hood latch not fastened. :oops: