Can I do anything about this recently f'ed paint (PICS)

HokemBokem

So I came out of work the other day and I found this lovely suprise.

paintchip2.jpg

paintchip.jpg

:verymad:

I was parked by the back door where all the (illegal) workers have to bring boxed and trash and other shit out. I bet they dropped or rubbed againt my car with something :x

I was wondering if If this is too big of a chip for touch up paint or what? Is there anything I could do to keep it from spreading because its cracking really bad all around?

holy crap...i'm so sorry dude!

i would have to hurt somebody really bad for doing that to one of my beauties...

it's too big for touch-up paint, i'm not sure exactly how you'd take care of that other than getting that spot repainted and finished.

I'd paint the whole bumper if that had happened to me. The cracked will only get worse, and it will peel off more and more everytime you wash it.

That seriously looks to me more like another car scraped up against your car backing up or something. I hate when shit happens like this! I feel sorry for you, and it hurts me just looking at it.

So either get it repainted by a professional paint place, or buy some duplicolor in the aerosol can, sand down what you can and do your best to paint it yourself.

Luckily it doesn't look like the bumper cover or anything is cracked or severely scratched into the plastic. All I know is it is a royal pain in the ass to paint plastic.

It sucks, I know. But you always can look at it like it could be worse. They could have dropped this shit on my hood, smash my headlight..at least the damage is only on my body piece instead of spread out which would cost alot more to fix! Either way it still sucks, I know from experience.

I dunno where you work, but do they happen to have a security camera in the parking lot, or by the back door there? Either way, I'd mention this to your company also and see what they say

- Jeff L.

someone deffinatly hit it pretty good to do that...DAMN...i'd be PISSSED...but, anywayz, that needs to be sanded out and the bumper needs repainted...otherwise, if you used touch-up paint or something the paint will prolly keep chippin away...

too bad you don't live around me i have an air compressor and paint gun i could prolly have painted it for you. but you wouldn't have your car or a front bumper for a few days :lol: a good body shop would be able to touch your paint up so just shop around. i find some of the smaller places are actually better then these big places like maaco or earl shit.

I should be less than 500. But the only thing you run into with the bumpers that make them alot higher than just painting metal is that they have to use a flexing agent in the paint to keep the paint from flaking off and looking just like your bumper does already. That is what costs the money.

lata

CHRIS

I would check on the camera sitch and look at cars that have body damage. They definatly will have white streaks accross their car, white paint it like the worst to buff out, in my experience. It's really hard to telll from the pic what color the other car is, it may be another white car but unless my eyes are bad it may be a blueish color.

It happened to me when I worked at target someone backed into my olds. I figured out who it was and they didn't want to give me any money for it cause my car already looked shitty(which it did) but still it wasn't like that when I parked it, so I eventually got my bumper repainted, hood undented and my headlamp re-aligned.

Take em to court for assualt on a w-body, 1st degree!!!

-D

Is your fender creased, too or is that just the reflection?

Damn bastards!

butthead.gif Beavis, this sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before. We must must find this butt munch who stole our TV!

Is your fender creased, too or is that just the reflection?

Damn bastards!

butthead.gif Beavis, this sucks more than anything that has ever sucked before. We must must find this butt munch who stole our TV!

:lol: should the second part say We must find the butt munch that hit our regal! :lol:

Must have been a three ton box sliding sideways by the looks of the damage and the horizontal scrapes... sure you didn't hit something?

Yea I was at work tonight checkin out the spot I was at and I bet someone did hit my car with their car. Becasue it is also a spot where the pizza guys are stormin in and out to get there deliverys on time. Im gonna be checkin their cars for some white paint.

Must have been a three ton box sliding sideways by the looks of the damage and the horizontal scrapes... sure you didn't hit something?

I'm gonna just add :werd:

I think you either got a bump 'n run, or maybe hit something yourself and didn't realize it, cause I've done this myself so it is possible.

good luck man they prolly noticed it the next morning and used some rubbing compound on it the get the white paint off their car's bumper. it looks more like a car with a chrome bumper hit your car or maybe even an old s10

Guest Anonymous

I sideswiped a red eclipse once and drove away, so someone hitting you is certainly possible and they should have a giant streak of white paint on the car... I mean, I've still got red streaks on mine, and that was 2 years ago.