fucking A!!

Crimson Fury Z

ok this problem has surfaced again from a 1 1/2-2yr hiatous. everything runs smooth till its time for the fan to kick in. its like its draining juice just to kick on. watching the rpms at 900 then when it happens it drops and struggles to hold. the ben chip masked it till now. i want to say maybe the fan relays. what do you all think?

I had a fan going out on my '92 Z, the drivers side. It got so bad it would kill the car when it was sitting there idling. FYI, the drivers side 3.4 fan is very expensive....

there is a difference between the driver side and passanger side???

There is a difference in my car, they won't interchange at all, and the drivers side is also different from any of my 3.1/2.8 fans. Passenger side looks the same, but I think that one's more for the AC or something, it doesn't kick on as much.

i am going with some cheap new fans off of ebay that are the same size max diameter i can put in my cutlass. 40 for 2 new fans is a pretty good deal seeing how they want 25 for one electric fan at the junky yard i go to :?

43 is the knock sensor one.

got it diagnosed as the ignition control module. as for the stalling and poor starting, dirty throttle body. $360 something all together. $165 for the ICM alone :shock: looks like the Zone's $80 ICM is looking good :mrgreen:

EST sounds like a possiblityty, and james, who's selling those fans ?
i don't know i haven't checked in a long time because i haven't needed a fan motor :lol: i just looked on ebay and saw em :oops:

now the mother fucker is parked at CVS 20 minutes away from home! the shitcan started sputtering and surging while driving and stalling like a madman. i sure hope the fuck that the ICM needed to cool down. no matter how hard i hit the gas it try to react, but sputtered and backfired. i really dont know if i should even take the time to fix it or spend the money to have it fixed. i know for sure that i'm bailing on the exhaust plan, and any other mod plan on it. most likely try to get rid of it. so i might have a car for sale and maybe a magnaflow 2.5" in/outlet aluminized 5x9. who knows right now.................

for those who don't understand normal english......now da mudda fucker iz parked at CVS 20 minutes away from home! da shitcan started sputtering an' surging while rollin' an' stalling like uh madman. ah sure hope da fuq dat da ICM needed ta tight down. nahh matter how hard ah hit da gas it try ta react, but sputtered an' backfired. ah really dont know if ah should even take da tyme ta fix it or spend da money ta gots it fixed. ah know fo' sure dat ah'm bailing on da exhaust plan, an' any other mod plan on it. most likely try ta git rid o' it. so ah might gots uh `64 fo' sale an' maybe uh magnaflow 2.5" in/outlet aluminized 5x9. who knows right now.................

with muh beeotch

for those who don't understand normal english......now da mudda fucker iz parked at CVS 20 minutes away from home! da shitcan started sputtering an' surging while rollin' an' stalling like uh madman. ah sure hope da fuq dat da ICM needed ta tight down. nahh matter how hard ah hit da gas it try ta react, but sputtered an' backfired. ah really dont know if ah should even take da tyme ta fix it or spend da money ta gots it fixed. ah know fo' sure dat ah'm bailing on da exhaust plan, an' any other mod plan on it. most likely try ta git rid o' it. so ah might gots uh `64 fo' sale an' maybe uh magnaflow 2.5" in/outlet aluminized 5x9. who knows right now.................

with muh beeotch

I'll give you $500 for it.

lol! might be the best offer for it! i'm going back to try and get it running. then taking it to the folks and replacing the icm and O2, and cleant the t.b. so we'll see what happens

still runs like crap. an interesting theory; i got gas before it started acting shitty. watered gas from BP!?!?!? BETTER be the problem. had to car dolly it back and break the lower front g-fx to get it up on it, but the good ole yard still has 2 red zs to pilfer from