Discontinuation of Stock OEM parts!

Stevo

Well lately I have been faced with some reminders of how old our cars are getting.

When you go to buy new OEM parts and you find out that they are being discontinued. :cry: I even found that a major parts seller is discontinuing certain parts as well. So far this may just be Canada.

Ex.

Heads up display for Cutlass Supreme Internationals (all years) - *Discontinued* (no surprise)

Rear Struts and mounts for W-Bodys (OEM - All Years). (eep)

Exaust Manifold Pipe - Exaust Manifold to Catalytic Converter section(CanadianTire Aftermaket) 2.8-3.1L (88-93)

List any parts you have found to be discontinued like above.

I bought 2 of the last 3 factory Pontiac 6000 AWD Fog Lights on the continent (Canada, AND US).. Got kinda lucky, but sold em later for extra cash (Kicking myself now for it..)

I needed a courtesy light for the door of my STE...

Both sides were discontinued, but they had one drivers side in their GM distribution center. The passenger side was discontinued with no chance of me getting one :bawl:

When I bought the car, the drivers light was completely gone, so it worked out great that I could get that one. My others just have broken lenses. As most do. I'll just have to keep an eye out, I guess.

There's WAY too many parts discontinued that I've found...

- The button repair kit for the TGP.

- Virtually all interior parts for both CS and GP.

- All vinyl weatherstripping and trim for the convertible.

- Dome light kit for the convertible.

- Taillight trim for the Cutlass.

- Climate control replacement bezel for Cutlass.

That's just off the top of my head. I have pages and pages of things I wanted and were discontinued.

Both sides were discontinued, but they had one drivers side in their GM distribution center. The passenger side was discontinued with no chance of me getting one :bawl:

When I bought the car, the drivers light was completely gone, so it worked out great that I could get that one. My others just have broken lenses. As most do. I'll just have to keep an eye out, I guess.

You mean, the red/white cover things for the doors? I took mine off (all working) for the solid red ones from my 92, didnt like the look of them. (I cant even remember what the stock ones look like now. If I find them, I'll let you know.

You mean, the red/white cover things for the doors? I took mine off (all working) for the solid red ones from my 92, didnt like the look of them. (I cant even remember what the stock ones look like now. If I find them, I'll let you know.

What I need is the lense that sits flush with the door panel. These lenses are gray in color, but turn translucent when the light is shined behind them. The red/white lense is behind the gray one. If you have anything I could use, I'd gladly send you some $$$ :)

Pics?

I've always thought the reflector on the Cutlass door panels was cheap and cheesy. It should be a proper white & red light like every other decent car has. I'm curious what that light looks like, maybe I can put one in my Cutlass.

Pics?

I've always thought the reflector on the Cutlass door panels was cheap and cheesy. It should be a proper white & red light like every other decent car has. I'm curious what that light looks like, maybe I can put one in my Cutlass.

Do you still need pics? I can shoot some today

Here's what mine look like. The drivers side one deserves a pic, it cost me $27 for one, at cost. Sure beats the hell out of having an empty hole in the door panel though.

door.JPG

door2.JPG

door3.JPG

door4.JPG

door5.JPG

If anybody has some of these gray lenses that aren't cracked, I'll pay a premium for them. Though it's probably not likely that anyone has them.

Wow, I'd never seen anything like those. Kind of cool how they're the same color as the trim panel when off.

:withstupid:

Yeah, I totally agree w/both you guys! I didn't think they were going to light up at all!