How High can the RPM's on the 3.4DOHC truely go??

OneQuickCutty

:?: I know when I get on my cutlass that even at 6500rpm's the car sounds like it is screamin for more RPM's how high can they go safely??? 7.5k-8k?

just wondering

well I have somehow or another droped mine into second gear and the the needle peged out and bounced off a rev limiter untill it was back below 6400rpms. it is all computer controled but it is kind of wierd.. like in neutral at a dead stop you are not supposed to rev up to anything over 4000rpms, but if i roll up to a light and pop it into neutral i can sometimes rev up to 6400rpms... not sure what the trick is.

you stock heads and what not will not like going over 7000 rpm's. plus your stock motor does not make power anywhere after 6400 rpm's so it would not gain you anything.. if you built the motor all to hell (Trubo, forged internals, new valve sprins and retainers) you can make power up that high.

my buddies CRX is a full race 10 sec racecar and its built to handle up to 10,000rpm's.

RedZ

My friend makes power to 7000 and it is flat to the 7150 mark. He has head work and changed the cam timing though. The highest the stock lifters will go should be somewhere between 7500 and 8000. It might be higher but I have no way of testing it. Solid lifters would net you whatever your springs will take. Stock setup the springs wont like 7500-8000 either.