sad running lumina...

3pt1lumina

ok.. i'm open to suggestions... here's the problem

dad's 97 lumina.. 3100 w/ 106k on it... check engine light has been on sparatically in the last 2 years.. coded out to a PO135 which is a heater circuit in the O2 sensor.. the light went on for a day and off 2 times within the last two years.. no performance issues... about a week ago, "ck engine light" comes on.. throws a code of PO300 which is a multiple/random misfire... light goes off... then it comes back with a code of PO303 which is a misfire on cyl 3....idles like crap, smells like sulphur burning.. however, i did have the computer cleared.. no light has come back yet but it still doesnt run right...any ideas?..

btw.. car has new plugs/wires/airfilter/fuelfilter all within the last 3k

the only time I smelled sulfer from a car is when the lat was clogged/junk.
he meant cat don't hit the submit button before checking your spelling danny :lol:

yeah...what james said, thats what I meant.

Cut me some slack here, I just walked in the door after playing hockey and my brain was still a little foggy. :lol:

check the #3 and #6 plugs (same coil). When I did the tuneup on the Monte, 2 of the plugs were cracked internally and would misfire. Anything's possible. Also, did you replace the O2? And more than likely the catalyst needs replacement.

even after you replace your cat you will still keep clogging them until you fix your 02 sensor AND replace your sparkplugs, i would put money that they are fouled out from the bad 02. It helps to fix the problem in the first month or so you get the code rather then wait 2 years. you also might consider some seafoam or topengine cleaner.

even after you replace your cat you will still keep clogging them until you fix your 02 sensor AND replace your sparkplugs, i would put money that they are fouled out from the bad 02. It helps to fix the problem in the first month or so you get the code rather then wait 2 years. you also might consider some seafoam or topengine cleaner.

Biggest rule of thumb to remember with Catalytic Convertors: they don't commit suicide, they are murdered. Fix the problem that killed the cat, otherwise you'll just keep doing it.