need TGP oil cooler/filter adapter O-rings!

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

well i finally installed my oil pump & pan today. then when i went to install the TGP oil cooler/filter adapter i realized i need two O-rings...

i need the O-ring on the shaft itself (it goes through the oil cooler & adapter and screws into the block), and the bigger O-ring that goes in between the adapter and the cooler itself.

i already have the gasket that goes between the adapter and the block surface, i just need the O-rings now.

anyone got any part #s??

TIA

Guest TurboSedan

i bought the new O-rings i needed today. i tried the GM dealer first and no luck there so i tried NAPA and found them. it cost me a little under $2 for both O-rings.

i'm going out to install the filter adapter/cooler thingy right now thanks :)

She is getting closer to starting up eh man?? If you want everything to work properly...before you turn the key you have to put a splash of Beer or a shot of Jack Daniels in the radiator!! :wink:

Guest TurboSedan

She is getting closer to starting up eh man?? If you want everything to work properly...before you turn the key you have to put a splash of Beer or a shot of Jack Daniels in the radiator!! :wink:

haha yes i'm getting very close now. i spent about $100 on the car today and got the flywheel resurfaced and a few other things done. tomarrow morning i'm adding new oil and filter and then i'm going to spin the oil pump drive with a drill while i turn the motor over by hand a few times. then it's the dist drive O-ring, and the valve covers. then it's time to pull the engine off the stand and install the flywheel/clutch/TO bearing and slip the 282 back on :D i should have it installed in the car within an hour or so after that! i'm really really hoping to have the engine and trans in the car tomarrow and running/driving soon afterwards.....i just need that memcal from Jay!! (and a turbo support bracket!)

i just need that memcal from Jay!! (and a turbo support bracket!)

Don't worry about the support bracket too much. The stock downpipe is pretty heavy duty and the crossover is no slouch either... :wink:

Guest TurboSedan
i just need that memcal from Jay!! (and a turbo support bracket!)

Don't worry about the support bracket too much. The stock downpipe is pretty heavy duty and the crossover is no slouch either... :wink:

this is probably a stupid queston, but do you think the car could make it down to Ft.Collins (for dyno day!) without a turbo support bracket? it seems like the dowpipe itself would give it alot of support. i could really care less about my crossover pipe - it was rebuilt by RedZ with new flex bellows but i'd like to make another custom crossover pipe later with mandrel bent pipe and a T3 flange...so my current crossover pipe is really only temporary. or i might just get a JeffM pipe depending on which turbo i go with later.