Range feature on DIC

Jcrow

How long does it take for the DIC to calculate the range?

So far I drove about 30 miles and it says like 48 miles. When I started it said 50 miles.

All of the other features are working properly

It calculates it all the time. It just takes your VSS readings and your Fuel sender readings and figures out how far you can travel with the amount of gas in your tank and how fast you're travelling. When I hooked up the DIC in my Z34 it worked right away.

I havent really stomped on it. I know I can go farther than what its saying and it dosent move hardly - started at 50miles then I drove about 30 miles and now it says 45 miles left. Maybe I got the wrong wire. Or maybe I should fill the tank and see what it says.

The part of the DIS that calculates fuel quantity or distance might be messed up, as is mine, even though its wired up perfectly fine.

Do this: hit DEST, and reset, and then enter 8192 as the distance. It will bring up a screen where you can see the real-time numbers for things such as fuel quantity, lighting intensity, and a few other things.

Chances are, your unit is just messed up like mine.

It calculates it on the current fuel economy as well.. if you start out in the city at 30, then take it out on the highway and it climbs to 45, it is making up for the increase in fuel economy.

DEST? I don't think I have a dest button (Is yours the LCD version?)

I filled the tank today and it went to 70 miles

Nope, mine's the green vacuum-fluorescent version, just like yours. With the 10 buttons + reset and Date/Time.

There is a button called DEST on the bottom row.

Guest Anonymous

I'm telling you, the range feature on our DIC's fluctuate all the time. For example:

I fill up my car in town and reset the gas mileage. I'm not moving. My range is about 0.Mi. I pull out into traffic. I'm getting about 9MPG now... now it says I can go 150MI. Now Im on the higway, and mi MPG rating has gotten better, so now it says 280MI...

I have found that the longer you leave the MPG from being reset, the more accurate the Range is, becuase the longer you leave the MPG readings, the more accurate it is towards your driving type...

If your Range feature was broken, it would probably display 0Mi left...

huh, it could figure out the range better over time, i'll wait and see

Did you ever get a "miss opp" message? I think it only does it when you press the wrong button.

Bitches aint shit but hoes are tricks!

I couldn't get my camera to focus better

huh, it could figure out the range better over time, i'll wait and see

Did you ever get a "miss opp" message? I think it only does it when you press the wrong button.

Bitches aint shit but hoes are tricks!

I couldn't get my camera to focus better

Just incase you need some reference, Mine usually reads about 298 miles on a full tank. It says "Check Fuel" at about 40 miles.