Door Handle Assembly

Carotop

Ok on my Regal the door handle broke when it was so cold. I got a new assembly and need to now how to put it on. The biggest thing is I'm not sure how to get the lock cylinder out and the 2 levers. So if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

According to the W-body site.....

Replacing the door handle assembly is very easy. It is replaced from inside the door jamb behind the door handle itself. The door handle assembly is the entire unit, including the exterior pillar trim plate the door handle is mounted in.

Remove the plastic cover behind the door handle assembly by removing one black 14mm nut from just above the door handle, and 1 screw (usually phillips) from the bottom of the plastic cover.

Remove linkages from lock cylinder and door handle assembly. Use a small flathead screwdriver to slide retaining clips forward, and linkages will come free.

Remove one black 14mm nut from the very top of the door handle assembly.

Remove one phillips screw drom the bottom of the door handle assembly.

Door handle assembly should now come free by pulling out slightly at the top, and pulling upwards.

Transfer lock cylinder and key minder light (if applicable) to new door handle assembly. Lock cylinder is retained by a single TORX bolt.

Reinstall in reverse.

Thanks to this very site and my copy/ past work, i can be useful, i hope.