coupe seat back fold-forward lever...

GutlessSupreme

I"m trying to get my seats apart but I can't figure out how to get the black foward-recline lever off so I can take the seatback off. I just don't want to break the thing.

Talking about the release on the back of the front seat, so rear seat passenegers can fold the seat forward. That lever. In case I was unclear.

Thanks

At least your lever works. All my passengers have to do is push the seat back forward..hell if I slam on the brakes and no one is in the front seat it will fly forward(tilt forward)..

But since I dunno how to remove it properly......FREE BUMP!

- Jeff L.

At least your lever works. All my passengers have to do is push the seat back forward..hell if I slam on the brakes and no one is in the front seat it will fly forward(tilt forward)..

But since I dunno how to remove it properly......FREE BUMP!

- Jeff L.

Ditto. Mine haven't reached the fast-stop = forward slam point yet, but they're pretty close. You only have to push it forward.

I've never closely examined that lever on a w-body, but I know in my Dad's El Camino, there was a plate screwed into the seat. You unscrew the plate from the seat, allowing you to remove the fabric, then you just remove the fabric over the lever, which stays in the seat. No guarantee that's how it works for the w-bodies, but I remember that from the Elky.

There are to dimples on the right and left side of the metal post and the plastic lifter has two holes on both sides of the interior. If you try to pry it off ( as i did ) you will break it and then you can just throw it away.

I suggest you get 2 small flat head screwdrivers and bend the tips so you canjam both of them in on both sides of the metal bar going into the plastic lifter. once you bend both sides so the plastic is out of the way of the two dimples it should just slide off. You may have to be more creative than bending two small screwdrivers.

Hope this helps!

I know that on at least some of the seats they're designed to just push forward without using the levers. They have some sort of tensioning system, the levers are there so if you're parked on an incline you can release them.

There are to dimples on the right and left side of the metal post and the plastic lifter has two holes on both sides of the interior. If you try to pry it off ( as i did ) you will break it and then you can just throw it away.

I suggest you get 2 small flat head screwdrivers and bend the tips so you canjam both of them in on both sides of the metal bar going into the plastic lifter. once you bend both sides so the plastic is out of the way of the two dimples it should just slide off. You may have to be more creative than bending two small screwdrivers.

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I had figured it was something like that but I couldn't get anything to happen so I wasn't sure.

Anyone else have a bitch of a time just taking the headrests out of these things? GOD that shouldn't have been anywhere near so difficult..

Oh, and don't worry guys. Out of the 3 front seats in my possesion, only one has a lock that actually works. My current driver's flops forward, and my current passenger's flops forward and backward (not even recline works right, hoping to fix that though...)