Money Pit ...

Black90Euro

Well another load of money is needed to fix the car "again" , strut tower bearings. They didn't think to check or ask do you want them replaced?

Well let's see the car is 14 yrs. old and never had the original struts replaced :roll: of course they need to be replaced "now" after 3 months with the new GR2's there clunking and creeking :x .. not sure what the total will be but I guess I'll get front and rear replaced to make sure to fix it and not have to get another alignment... I spent about $2500 on this pit last yr. alone and now prolly another $400-$500 and it's only Feb. :shock: .

I'm sure the tranny is next it slips a little and has started to wine a little.

If I could get anything close to $4000 I'd sell it and by a Monte SS SuperCharged :!:

Man I hate Monday

I feel your pain. It seem slike im putting money in this bitch every week for something new. The only big thing that has a chance of going soon should be the tranny and when that goes I am not paying another 2 g's

Yeah man shit happens.. Have you checked or tranny fluid lately? My Lumina was starting to hesitate slip and not shift to well...I checked my fluid and it was down quite a bit for some reason. Filled it up to where it should be and all the shifts are nice and crisp, no hesitiation, and no slippage.

Next thing on my list is struts, but I'll wait till after winter so the new ones don't get beat up to shit

- Jeff L.

Hopefully when the front struts were installed they didn't nail you for an alignment just for that, as the fronts are just cartriges. I have a bad strut on my CS and it only has 22k on it

i hear ya Mark, although your tranny should NOT be going with only what 55k miles on your car??

well it's one of those that was under a recall if you asked or complained about it , it upshifts at low speeds likes as you turn a corner then touch the accelerator. well to was to old before I found it out. :evil: ...

Yeah man shit happens.. Have you checked or tranny fluid lately? My Lumina was starting to hesitate slip and not shift to well...I checked my fluid and it was down quite a bit for some reason. Filled it up to where it should be and all the shifts are nice and crisp, no hesitiation, and no slippage.

Next thing on my list is struts, but I'll wait till after winter so the new ones don't get beat up to shit

- Jeff L.

yeah it's full ... it started with a tranny flush :evil: slipped it's arse off , they put some "stuff" and it fixed it for a while...

Hopefully when the front struts were installed they didn't nail you for an alignment just for that, as the fronts are just cartriges. I have a bad strut on my CS and it only has 22k on it

well I was told by 3 different shops when they change the struts and/or strut bearing/bushings it's needs re-alignment :?:

And I found out today it's gonna be $400-$450 to fix it including alighment

And to top the day off on the way back to work "in my Truck" I was rammed in the rear by a guy at the red light, he started moving b4 we did and WHAM!

the bumpers toast and the tail gate is bent and part of the fender has a crease in it ... oh did I say

I hate MONDAY'S

oo no! well a hint ot every-one before they do a tranny flush on an old car

DONT DO IT OR ELSE YOU WILL GET A BLOWN TRANNY.

when tranny's get old, they get dirt and a other things built up in the tranny, over time the particals eventually become part of the clutches and are delecate for holding this shit togeather.

on an old car youshould always drain it just to be safe. if you flush it, it will clean all that dirt that was in the clutches, and cages, along with bands, bearing and who knows what else. now the tranny isn't on that delecate balance anymore.

the only reason dealerships will not tell you this is because its more money to have a flush then a drain.

oo no! well a hint ot every-one before they do a tranny flush on an old car

DONT DO IT OR ELSE YOU WILL GET A BLOWN TRANNY.

when tranny's get old, they get dirt and a other things built up in the tranny, over time the particals eventually become part of the clutches and are delecate for holding this shit togeather.

on an old car youshould always drain it just to be safe. if you flush it, it will clean all that dirt that was in the clutches, and cages, along with bands, bearing and who knows what else. now the tranny isn't on that delecate balance anymore.

the only reason dealerships will not tell you this is because its more money to have a flush then a drain.

Very True !!

yeah I found this out too late .... :?

Yep...flush=bad

I know i probably won't even align the rear of my car after i swap out the struts, unless it still handles funky...there is no point since i swear those bolts on the bottom of the strut don't have anything to do with alignment

Yep...flush=bad

I know i probably won't even align the rear of my car after i swap out the struts, unless it still handles funky...there is no point since i swear those bolts on the bottom of the strut don't have anything to do with alignment

I just replaced my rear struts, only one place for bolts to go thru and no room for adjustment, I figured it must go right back together in same alignment, right?

Wrong. The camber was obviously off just by looking at the tire. Went to a independent local shop that specializes in alignments, they called me and told me they would need to remove one of the rear struts, to grind the holes larger for room to adjust. This cost me $29.40 (.6 hrs).

They also told me they had to remove one of the front struts to do the same thing ($15.00). I just replaced the cartridge thru the top of the tower last year, didn't actually remove the strut. Alignment cost more than I planned but it handles nice now.