lumina or monte

Garrett8

Well I love coupes, so I might go with the monte. The only thing I don't like is the c pillars get in the way on the montes more than on the lumina. Not a big thing though for most people though. I fyou are hoing to do body work there's more stuff for the monte than the lumina.

Hard call I flipped a cd and it said you should go with the Lumina. :mrgreen:

-D

I'd take a 91-94 Lumina Z34 over a 95-99 Monte Z34 (although I'd take a 98-99 Lumina LTZ over a 91-94 Z34.) I'd take a newer Monte SS over any of the others, though...

hell no. a Lumina is a Lumina. a Montie is a Montie

i woulden't call a Celeberity coupe a Lumina so no reason i would call a lumina a montie.

haha how many times have we been called Grand Ams or Bonnevilles :?

I don't think the Monte Carlo should have been the Monte Carlo. It should have kept the Lumina name, as that is all it was. It became a bland 2-door Lumina.

Of course thats what they did over in Austrailia 488514_17.jpg

Its just that here in the US there must have been a stong outcry when GM canceled the Monte. Some may argue tho that it should have stayed RWD, but back then i don't think it was in the cards...

Its just that here in the US there must have been a stong outcry when GM canceled the Monte. Some may argue tho that it should have stayed RWD, but back then i don't think it was in the cards...
The massive outcry was surely because GM killed the Monte name instead of carrying it over to the W-Body platform like the rest of the "classic" nameplates that did (allowing some time for the people to warm to the old names living on on a new platform.) I doubt the bitching would have been as loud if they had slapped the Monte name on Chevy's W-body from the onset. At least when they brought it back in 95 they stayed true to the Monte's heritage and kept it a 2-door. And hey, all hope is not lost because the Monte is switching back to RWD in 09 so it will finally come full circle...

I've had a 90 Lumina Euro, 94 Z-34, 97 Monte LS and 01 a Monte SS. The Monte LS IS a Lumina 2 door but the suspension on my LS was much better than any Lumina suspension...except for the 98-99 LTZ.

My 90 Euro was a nice car but the 3.1 MPI V6 had no soul IMO. :?

I loved the 94 Z-34's handling and styling but not the motor. I found the 3.4 DOHC V-6 to be sluggish and unresponsive. :(

The 97 LS was great but the 3100 need a bit more poke. :?

My favorite of all of my cars is my present car, the 2001 Monte SS. The 3800 has plenty of power and the handling is better than my 94 Z. Great car! And no one would call the Monte a 2 door Impala. :twisted:

The '95-'99 MC Z34 is just the Lumina Z34's big sister. It's pretty much the same thing just a '95-'99 Lumina with 2 less doors.

If I had to choose between the MC Z34 or a Lumina Z34, I'd take the Lumina hands down! The Lumina Z34 is soley its own with distinctive body modlings and other special attributes unlike the MC Z34 which looks like every other '95-'99 MC and Lumina out there.