changing to eurosport guages?

3pt1lumina

my 90 lumina has the boring guages because its a base model instead of the eurosport. i want to change them to the eurosport guage package... is that possible? if so, how hard is it to do?

You will need the cluster. You have to change the wiring harness a bit as I recall (put wires in different spots) and run a tach wire.

Wait for stevezasycho and the other more insightful members to chime in!

- Jeff L.

Need the cluster, obviously.. As for the cluster, what gauges it has will affect what senders you will need (Oil PSI sender, and Water temp sender for example if your setup is so equipped).. Voltimeters "just work" when plugged in.. You also will need to repin the dash harness for acceptance of the new cluster.. A tach wire needs to be run from the ignition coils to the cluster as well.. Also, very important.. Right now, I believe you currently have ONE pink/black wire in your cluster harness plug.. You will have to splice the current one into 2 signals for the Euro gauges.. Good luck, and post pics of tyhe progress!

i'd hardly consider that a large ordeal. now the cutlass UB3 swap is ALOT of work.

:werd:

Fabrication, circuiting, finding out where to put the damn buttons...............

Need the cluster, obviously.. As for the cluster, what gauges it has will affect what senders you will need (Oil PSI sender, and Water temp sender for example if your setup is so equipped).. Voltimeters "just work" when plugged in.. You also will need to repin the dash harness for acceptance of the new cluster.. A tach wire needs to be run from the ignition coils to the cluster as well.. Also, very important.. Right now, I believe you currently have ONE pink/black wire in your cluster harness plug.. You will have to splice the current one into 2 signals for the Euro gauges.. Good luck, and post pics of tyhe progress!

I want to do the same swap of 3pt1lumina but i have the Euro cluster+the wiring harness. But you said that I need the Oil PSI sender+Water temp sender +Voltimeters and the A tach wire needs to be run from the ignition coils. Where i can take those things(like the Tach wire)?? And I dont understand this sentence: I believe you currently have ONE pink/black wire in your cluster harness plug.. You will have to splice the current one into 2 signals for the Euro gauges..: Can you explain more because I dont really understand.

Thanks Frank

I want to do the same swap of 3pt1lumina but i have the Euro cluster+the wiring harness. But you said that I need the Oil PSI sender+Water temp sender +Voltimeters and the A tach wire needs to be run from the ignition coils. Where i can take those things(like the Tach wire)?? And I dont understand this sentence: I believe you currently have ONE pink/black wire in your cluster harness plug.. You will have to splice the current one into 2 signals for the Euro gauges..: Can you explain more because I dont really understand.

Thanks Frank

The "Gages" cluster has 2 power inputs whereas the "Base" cluster only has one. You'll need to splice into the original to give you the second power input or make a new run from the fuse box. The tach wire comes from the ICM. Some have said that they can get to the C200 connector but I wasn't able to so I found it easier to make the run from the ICM.

thanks for the tips... it sounds like its more work than its worth... instead of switching to euro guages, maybe i'll just add a tach and mount it somewhere (not those goofy huge tachs like the ricers).. i'm used to working with distributors (on my 77 chevelle) and not on coil packs and distributorless ignitions.. so any tricks or hints would be great!

The tach wire should be attached at the coils.. YOu will only need to splice into it.. As for the rest, just need to add the second power input, move the wires around to different pin locations, and switch the senders.. The tach wire is White in color, ands like I said, is already there.. Way more cool to have an original gauge setup than an aftermarket add-on.. Maybe what I'll do is build a Lumina dash cluster with totally aftermarket analog gauges! Hey... Yea......................................

(But not before my UB3 is in and functioning!!! :willynilly: )

I have other question.

My question is I have a tach on my car this one Can I plug the tach wire of my eurocluster on the tach wire that I have in my car??

Thanks Frank

Just run the wire that is sensing the signal into the cluster's harness pluug..

• 1 month later...

I will do the swap of the cluster today but I dont understand the sentence with the Power Input??? What I need to do with the 2 power input in the eurocluster?????

Thanks Frank

I will do the swap of the cluster today but I dont understand the sentence with the Power Input??? What I need to do with the 2 power input in the eurocluster?????

Thanks Frank

The base cluster only has one power input, the gages cluster has 2, you will either need to jumper from the original lead to make the 2nd power (what I did) or run another lead from the fuse box.

Ok I understand that the original cluster has one power input, the gages cluster has 2. But you said: you will either need to jumper from the original lead to make the 2nd power. So I plug the 2 input together( I really dont understand that, Sorry)??? Or if I run another lead from the fuse box, wich fuse can I take in the fuse box??

Thanks Frank

find the pink/blk power wire.. Now splice into it and run the newly spliced wire to the pin location the gauges cluster calls for.. Bada bing.. Ya got 2 wires from one. You still connect the current one, along with the new one you created with the splice