Model difference?

88Regal Limited

Whats the difference between the base 88 regal and the 88 regal limited? I'm just not sure. Oh, whats the gearing in it with the 4sp auto? the w-body link ain't working... :(

i believe there are 3-4 trim levels of the regal in 88 or so (some regal nut will correct me i'm sure)

from lowest to highest was:

Regal Custom

Regal Limited

Regal Gran Sport

was there just a base regal?? i really don't know.

however your 88' is one of the more striped limiteds i've seen manual windows and manual locks, i'd expect a limited to have power windows/locks, cassete deck and mabie console shift.

but at least it has the 4t60 that counts for alot, what the gearing is, i don't know.

IIRC in 88, The Regal limited got different seats, and the wood insert on the fabric under the rear side windows, Also, a bit different style of fabric on the doors. I think that is about it. Also, the custom in 88 was not available with leather. I think power locks and windows were still options on the limited.

Let me run all the trim levels down for you. I don't necessarily know the exact stats for '88, but I know what it means when I see Custom, Limited, or GS.

The Regal Custom - The base Regal. In most years, the Custom can be equipped with every option except the GS or Limited body alterations (mild GFX, silver moulding, etc.)

The Regal Limited - This is the pimped out Regal. It is essentially the same as the custom, but more things are standard, and there are usually some extra or altered body pieces, like white-out tails, silver bumper moulding, or even two-tone. The only option that a Limited cannot have is the GS body. This is for the Grandpa who likes shiny things.

The Regal GranSport - This Regal is intended to look sportier than the others. Monochrome and meaner-looking than its calmer brothers. The GS can be equipped with every available option, but some things that come standard cannot be removed (hence the name Custom for the base.) The GS cannot be fitted with the Limited body stylings, but it doesn't want to be anyways. Although there is little difference between GS and Limited, the GS is the Pinnacle trim level - the one that would've been in all the commercials.

For information on your specific model year, try http://www.buickgod.com

What's wrong with my reverse lights? I think they're pretty well integrated.

No luggage rack or extra doors either. Therefore, my car wins. :D No offense, really...I like your car too. Your grille is pretty sweet.

Rear.jpg

Take that used car thing off your car, Scott!

When I took the sticker off my Cougar, it fucked up the paint pretty hardcore. I didn't care then because I was about to paint the car, but I'm not about to paint the Buick. Also, I'm lazy.

Take that used car thing off your car, Scott!

:werd: who leaves those on?

And I dont mean those reverse lights I have those also. I mean the ones that are in the lower bumper all alone. They look ugly IMO.

When I took the sticker off my Cougar, it fucked up the paint pretty hardcore.

I have flat out refused to buy a car until the dealership removed all their stickers/emblems/license plate frames. You wouldn't believe how fast they get those removed when you head back to your car to go shop somewhere else.