Interesting, very interesting

toastemcutlass

Today I took my ceter console apart cuz my ass hole friend broke the shifter indicator. any ways towards the back of the car after the shifter is a black box about an inch and a half all around and black, mounted to the floor. It also has a arrow pointing foward, and a electric clip with two wires. does anybody know what it is? doesn't really matter but it would be nice to know what it is incase it ever caused me a problem.

In that case, I really have no clue! I don't remember seeing something like that when I pulled the console on my 94.

I remember there were some connectors held onto the inner console plastic parts with a clip...

It's one of the airbag sensors. If should have a yellow wire loom coming from it. One is also under the hood and I think the other is on the firewall inside the car. Don't remove it or play with it. It needs to be triggered along with another sensor for the bag to go off, but airbags are very unpredictable.

Jason

a had a suspition it was an air bag sensor after taping it a couple times decided that it could be one. and that also makes sense, couldn't figure out what they would put there.

So THAT must be the reason the '94-97 carpet is shaped slightly different at the floorboard. Is this box mounted JUST behind the shifter? Unless there's something else different in that general area, because the passenger floorboard nearest where the seat/console meet is molded differently