Can anyone get some pics...

GutlessSupreme

of the stock cooling fan setup? I simply haven't got a clue what it's supposed to look like, or even how many fans there are. Also, if anyone could describe the wiring detail that'd be great too.

ummmm

big fan on the engine side and smaller fan on the opposite side of the condensor

as for wiring what do do you need to do?

Possibly rewire them, or at least the main one.

Any one have pics of the main stocker fan and how it's mounted?

Also, is there anyway to repair major play in the smaller fan?

honestly, take out every wire u see going 2 the big cooling fan (including the 2 prongs jammed into the radiator), goto autozone, get the 30amp radiator wiring harness and bypass everything which they have in the back behind the counter for $35, set it to come on at 180 and fogettabout it.

Guest TurboSedan

just get another intercooler fan (i think i have one, i'll have to check but i'll sell it CHEAP if i do). the TGP wiring harness has the wiring for both fans (doh). the TGP primary fan is BIGGER than any other W-body primary fan i believe. it just sits on the lower radiator 'shelf' with rubber feet and mounts on top to the TGP specific upper radiator 'hat' piece. i'm not quite sure how the IC fan is mounted yet, but i think it mounts using the right side upper dogbone bracket bolts. i'm not sure on the IC fan lower mounting though.

honestly, take out every wire u see going 2 the big cooling fan (including the 2 prongs jammed into the radiator)

been there done that :shock:

goto autozone, get the 30amp radiator wiring harness and bypass everything which they have in the back behind the counter for $35, set it to come on at 180 and fogettabout it

You wouldn't understand unless you knew me better.. but I NEED this back to stock. I hate tossing extra shit in there. Otherwise, I would do that. I just want to try and get it back to original though. Do you remember what was wrong with the original setup? I can't remember if you knew.

Oh, another thing quick: I know you didn't really get in depth with non-engine issues, but do you think the tranny position switch could be out? I think that would explain my lack of reverse lights and odd trunk popper functions.

it just sits on the lower radiator 'shelf' with rubber feet and mounts on top to the TGP specific upper radiator 'hat' piece. i'm not quite sure how the IC fan is mounted yet, but i think it mounts using the right side upper dogbone bracket bolts. i'm not sure on the IC fan lower mounting though.

Basically sits like any other w fan except it sits at different points? I was more or less just wondering. I have an aftermarket fan that was in there in place of the original, just need to figure out how to mount it. I think I have that covered though, just curious about the stocker because I haven't seen the setup.

My IC fan I guess is mounted all good and right, just has a lot of play. What's the story with that fan? When's it supposed to come on? I think I'll be wiring that one up to a switch, in any case.

Josh you'll have a PM in a min.

doubt the reverse lockout switch isnt working right, but easy way 2 check is 2 put it in drive and turn the key, if it starts, theres ya problem. guy I bought it from said he wanted a bigger fan for more cooling, but the guy who did all the wiring obviously didnt know there ass from a zip tie, so your on ya own.

good luck

A new engine bay wire harness fixed up a TON of my electrical issues.

I'm workin on it.. I may buy one from a member here, but it's still going to be a used harness so I don't know. Is there anywhere to get them new for TGPs? I'd think they cost $100+ though.. and I'm not too sure that sounds good to me.

doubt the reverse lockout switch isnt working right, but easy way 2 check is 2 put it in drive and turn the key, if it starts, theres ya problem. guy I bought it from said he wanted a bigger fan for more cooling, but the guy who did all the wiring obviously didnt know there ass from a zip tie, so your on ya own.

good luck

heh, that would be an easy way to check.. thanks man. soon as I get the top end back together (~tuesday) I'll check on that. And no, he certainly didn't.. hackjob that looked like shit AND partially ruined the radiator :evil:

Well if you want to actually see in person how they are... :wink:

I'll be working on the car hopefully Sat if you want to swing by.

Heh I may do that.. LOL Saturday is turning into quite the busy day for me it seems...

oh, you don't happen to have a spare front valve cover on you do you? it'd say me a trip to the j/y. I want to get to polishing mine up but there's a decent sized ding in the middle of it so it'd be kinda pointless.

thanks a lot guys.

I might have a set of valve covers for ya, ill have 2 dig thru the pile of 3.1 parts ive got laying around. glad 2 see the car slowly commin back together. I might have a part for ya to make the tgp a tad faster if I can get my hands on it....but ill get back to ya when I find out more :shock:

drop me a line sumtime if u want help with the car, i do get 8-9 hours a week to myself lol

It's alright on the cover.. I think I'm heading to the junkyard tomorrow morning and just grabbing one off an N/A, because Monday I'm heading to the shop and I want to be done cleaning stuff by then. Thanks though :)

Jeff - faster eh? You know I'm always a fan of faster ;) I'll catch you on AIM in a sec, lemme grab some pizza quick first though.

A new engine bay wire harness fixed up a TON of my electrical issues.

I'm workin on it.. I may buy one from a member here, but it's still going to be a used harness so I don't know. Is there anywhere to get them new for TGPs? I'd think they cost $100+ though.. and I'm not too sure that sounds good to me.

But, it would be better than a hacked up harness...