Hi...(New to W-Body.com)

Redwingvksm

Welcome. To install an aftermarket radio in a Regal, just get one of those adapter kits, a few foot section of antenna wire, and a bunch of 14 guage wire. Splice about two feet extra wire in between the adapter and the radio wire. Just remove the radio box from under the kickpanel. Then remove the cubby hole from under the dash and install the aftermarket radio there with a faceplate adapter.

Welcome! Take a load off and stay awhile! :)

Nice car, I love those early Regals! If I lived in the country and had the room, I'd love to have one just to have one.

One correction to what was said earlier...

The 3800 Series I is NOT an easy swap into an 89. The 3800 Series I uses different mounting locations which are not on the subframe of an 88, 89, or early 90. So to get a 3800 Series I installed in this car, you'd need to swap the subframe as well which I think is no small job.

Believe it or not, but a 3800 Series II uses 3.1 mounting locations and WILL bolt right in.

Wow...

I feel the love in here. Thanks for the open arms to accepting me! :D

Gonna change the speakers soon first (All 4 are original and are starting to 'fart' when the bass hits) and just to get a little crisper sound...head unit later.

Wow - i'd thought the early 3.8's would fit before the 2nd gen 3.8. This is going to be a fun project when i get everything settled...(Before I do it I'll be sure to buy a digital camera so I can get pics of everything with detailed instructions! I'd like to plan for late May/early June if everything goes right) I've already gotten some shit about people saying "wtf - wait till after the warntee is up", etc... but f-that. That is why I have planned for May/June - so if something goes wrong - I still have a good engine in the regal..(Keep your ears pealed for someone that needs a 3.1 engine :D)

I think I'm gonna like it here. I plan on keeping my Regal for a while to come... :thumbsup:

:edit:

Still waitin' on them digital pictures. Anyone got somewhere to host em' at? Gotta call her up and tell her to put them up!! :bawl:

welcome Redwing...I used to own a '88 Regal and admit that I miss that car. I didnt like the wood paneled dash trim, but loved the digital dash. That car was very reliable(2.8) with the exception of GM's infamous rear brakes.

Haha..

Yea - the first thing I noticed was the 'wood trim'. Talk about 80's corney!!

Maybe a painting will be in order...

Also love the digital dash...just one thing. I noticed when I first turn on the vehicle - all the digital bars light up - but when driving it won't regester abvove 85 (It'll say 85+ just not display the 2 bars past the 85 marker)

(Pssst - don't ask how I got it up there already :lol: )

100_1218.jpg

EXACTLY the same interior (Except I just have the tape player w/o the equalizer)

And it's all black on the outside with the one red stripe on the molding...

:edit:

Just saw the pics of your vehicle - even has the bucket seats in the rear W/ the center console...

Rock on! :twisted:

I was just thinking about it - maybe the cloth bucket seats and center console option was a canadian thing? I imported my vehicle from Canada...?