The Cutty is gone!!

Carotop

my friend got a Eagle Talon TSI 92 for sale not far from here ... 4wd , trbo , one broken manifold stud so no max boost . but hey .... 400 $ and you go with it :P

oh ... yeah i am far from you ... i mean VERY far lol ...

That sucks man, sounds like that car wasn't really yours in the first place if your dad can sell it and get himself a car...

:werd:

And how much did your dad have to spend with the cutty trade in? There is no way they would trade that straight up.

And what do ya mean if I like workin on cars???

if you get a DSM, you had better be very mechanically inclined or willing to pay for repairs...I love the cars to death, but they aren't know as the most reliable cars

Get yourself a 3000GT VR4, prolly the most reliable DSM you can buy.

And if you do get a DSM ,the first gens may have the most aftermarket and tend to be the fastest, the second gens look better and are far more reliable.

Early 90s F-Bodies

Early 90s Stangs, Fox Bodies

Early 80s Porsche 944, The best you could prolly get is a 944S

Mid 90s J-Bodies

Mid 90s N-Bodies

Late 80s G-Bodies, and some parts money left over.

And thats just the tip of the iceburg

I can't find a good DSM. What other options should I look at. My budget is about 3Gs. I want somethin with a pretty good amount of aftermarket performance.
Go for an old cop car. The guy that owns the small dealership where I bought my Regal regularly picks up former US Marshall's cars (he said they're from Utah and Nevada.) I think a LT1-powered 9C1 Caprice might be out of your price range, but I'm sure you could get a good deal on an older Caprice or Crown Vic (I'd personally get an older Vic with the 5.0 if I were to get a Ford.)

You shoud check out the auctions that MN DOT holds every couple of months (out at the Arden Hills "Driver's Testing Station") http://www.mmd.admin.state.mn.us/schedule.htm

Mid America Auctions holds monthly Auto Auctions at the NE Minneapolis Armory (National Guard Training Center) also.

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/ (look under "late model autos")

Oh shit, forgot to put that down :oops:

KK Auto Ranch in Farmington. It's on Hwy 3 about 10 or so miles south of the U-Pull yard in Rosemount (actually at the intersection Hwy 3 and Hwy 50.) Pick up one of those free Auto Shopper "magazines" and look for his 2-page spread. He had 4 9C1's of varying mileage (and price), a couple of Lumina 9C3's, and a bunch of Crown Vic "Police Imitators" out there when I got my car over a year ago. It's kind of a drive to get down there (45 minutes from my place) but it's definitely worth a look...

Here's KK's web site:

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/view/index_view.jsp?dealership_view_name=www.kkautoranch.net

Ham Lake Motors? That's up on Hwy 65 (in Ham Lake obviously) but since there are so many "mom and pop" dealerships up that way, I couldn't tell you which one it is exactly. I know I've been there many times, though. Have you ever been to U-Pull-R-Parts up in East Bethel? Then you drove right past Ham Lake Motors (I think it's one of the lots on the east side of 65...)

I haven't been to the U-pull. I went just past the East Bethel theaters but I never saw ham lake motors
I looked up the addresses of both:

East Bethel Theater

18635 NE Ulysses ST

East Bethel, MN 55011

Ham Lake Motors

18805 NE Highway 65

East Bethel, MN 55011

It looks like the car lot is just north of the theater. I thought it was on the east side of 65, but MapQuest says it's on the west side :shrug:

There's so many damn car lots on 65 between the north side of Blaine up through East Bethel it confuses the hell out of me trying to figure out which one is which. If I'm on the lookout for a car up that way, I stop at every one of those car lots (usually...)

Get yourself a 3000GT VR4, prolly the most reliable DSM you can buy.

And if you do get a DSM ,the first gens may have the most aftermarket and tend to be the fastest, the second gens look better and are far more reliable.

you are pretty wrong in every statement there...sorry

3000gts are not reliable, 1st gens have the same aftermarket as 2gs..if not less..in like the non performance category, and 2g's are very prone to crankwalk=really bad

Thanks,

Tony

The crankwalk was pritty much only in the 420A's, nobody in my area has any problems with crank walk on the 4g63's.

My friend has a 1993 3000GT Vr4 running about 18 psi into the stock engine and he has nearly no problems with his engine. Its got almost 160k. Snapped a pair of axel shafts, but thats to be expected. Id say thats reliable. And the 6g73 is a reliable engine, they wouldn't have used it for so long in so many different cars if it wasn't.

As to the aftermarket, Since they do have the same engine their aftermarket is close, but since the first gen eclipse has been out longer = more aftermarket.

Thanks,

Jon