Removing power seat TRACK

supreme_style21

One side I can easily figure out. The other I am unsure of.

How do you remove and reinstall the thingers I have circled?

Can these be replaced with regular bolts when/if I put the track on my existing, non-power seat?

100_1726.JPG

100_1728.JPG

you don't. you need to pull back the edges of the seat cover that's wrapped around those rods, and there will be a bolt on each side at the hinge. then there are two bolts in the bac under the cushion and two in the front. just look around for bolts on the perimeter of the seat cushion.

Are you sure? There are two bolts on the opposite side that are easy to remove. On the other side are those things pictured above. If those come out, the track will be off.

I'm sure I see the bolts you are talking about... I'll end up with the whole seat frame if I start pulling those apart I think.

that's the only way to do it. the track is part of the seat's structure. if you take the track off, the seat wil be in two pieces. unless maybe you want to grind off those rivets you have circled and weld it back together later :shrug:

I still don't quite understand what you mean. If I go any further up beyond those rivets, I end up with the whole reclining mechanism and the bottom portion of the seat.. I don't need that. I'll have to try drill the rivets out and just bolt it up to the new seat.

Yeah I've got a couple power seats sitting around. The driver seat in my car isn't power, so short of buying more damn seats, I'm going to try to stick the power track on it.

The seats I have are all the wrong color, so I can't throw them in there. I've got tan, red, lt gray, blue.... but no black (well one black, but it is part of a 60/40) :?

If I compare the power track to the non-power track, the holes for the bolts don't even match up. The power track has the 2 holes/corner, whereas the manual track only uses 1/corner. Blarg. I'm going to smash out those rivets tonight when I get home from work and see what it looks like at that point.

don't cut anything. unbolt everything like i said and the power seat track is a direct swap for the manual seat track. if you have buckets at least. you can even take a driver's side power seat track and put it on a passenger non-power seat. the pass. seat would hit the door unless you modified the brackets, but the point is it can be done.

The only thing I'll have to take a grinder to will be those rivets. I can't see the track fitting properly, because of the 2 rivets to 1 hole combination between the two, but I'll see how it lines up once I pull everything apart. The only difference is the fact that I'm using the track from a 60/40 combo and putting it on a bucket seat... but I highly doubt the tracks between the two could be different... GM's one-size-fits-all logic would apply to the seat tracks.

take a look at the tracks on the other power seats you have and compare them to the bench. since you say the bench track looks different, i'll bet it is. i know for a fact that bucket seats with power tracks are a direct swap for bucket seats without power tracks. as far as bench tracks swapping with buckets, i'd guess that's why you're having problems seeing how it would fit your bucket.

you're best bet is to take apart another of your power buckets and use the track on whatever seat you want to make power. there should be absolutely no cutting/drilling/whatever involved