Finally finished my "OTTO" conversion

DiscoStudd

Well I finally bought the ProCarParts Reverse OTTO gauge overlay for the GP cluster I plan on putting in my Regal. I picked up an aluminum gauge bezel from SpeedHut and used that to trace and cut out the idiot lights from the overlay so the original black will show through. I then traced circles around the instruments (on the bezel,) taped them off, and painted the bezel black on the top half, and white directly under the instruments. The instruments now have aluminum circles around them.

Here's how it looked before I painted the bezel:

otto.jpg

Here's the finished product:

ottofinished.jpg

BTW, I figured I have enough room on the Regal's headlight switch panel to mount the controls for the OTTO overlay...

That looks pretty darn cool!

I'm not a big fan of the plain aluminum, looks too industrial.

The way you have it looks more refined. They should make an overlay like that, except instead of the silver rings around the gauges being flat, the rings should be raised a millimeter or two with the inner ones slightly more raised than the outer ones.

They should make an overlay like that, except instead of the silver rings around the gauges being flat, the rings should be raised a millimeter or two with the inner ones slightly more raised than the outer ones.
That's exactly what I was thinking when I envisioned the "outline" idea. I might try something like that somewhere down the line, but I don't exactly know where to begin, or how I'd achieve "precision" in molding the rings (if only I had access to a CNC mill.) First thing I thought of was "Sculpey" modeling clay, but again, it would probably look too sloppy. If I tried colored Plexi, I would probably need it milled to get it to look "right" ...