How much do you think my Cutlass is "worth"?

jeremy

I am seriously considering selling my cutlass and I was wondering what you think it might me able to bring in the "real world" market, not on the "w-body.com" market, which we all know is very soft to say the least

kbb says around $3500, nada says between $3500-4000.

Do you think these numbers are realistic to obtain or am I wishful thinking?

For those of you who don't know, I have a 1997 Cutlass SL Series IV, with every option but sunroof. ~119000 miles

click the www button below to see pics

thanks in advance for all the input.

i'd say between $2500-$3500...i guess it just depends on if someone is really looking for one...i know i paid 5k for mine, BUT i bought i from a dealer for 1 (mistake) and mine only had 64k when i bought it...mine doesnt have all the options you have though...i guess its hard to say, but like i said...if someone really wants a cutty, i think 3500 would be reasonable... :? ...just my .02cents...

Jeremy -

I think that $3500 would be a realistic price for your car. As stated, it might depend on if somebody is in the "market" for a Cutty. When I bought mine 2 years ago, I paid $3000. It was a pretty base SL with some power options, and 145K on the 3.1. Good luck if you do decide to sell.

Drew

I say clean it up real good, wax it, shampoo the carpets, steam clean the engine, polish the wheels, etc and put it up for $3500 or best offer. Use a printout of the KBB value as your back-up (and maybe even print out a CarFax for potential buyers to peruse.) Also throw in some "bedazzling" comments like that it's the last of its kind from an extinct "brand" (or something of that nature.) I'm sure you could get at least 3k for it (especially with only 119k on it...)

I am considering sell it because we will really need a four door car here pretty damn soon and I can't part with the Spyder because I owe too much on it compared to what it is worth now....I don't know, I will probably clean her up once it gets warm and try to sell her, then most likely look for something 4dr, maybe a 95 cutty with the dohc..

Mine's the same as yours, even same mileage, only difference is that I don't have the dual-zone climate, or steering wheel controls, and mine's red. Let me be totally honest when I say that up here, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY wants my car. Its in perfect shape and everything about it feels brand new (including the paint which shines really nicely).

Some jerkoff at a dealership offered me $2000 Canadian for it, but thats really all.

Its all in the market. It just seems like where I am, the market for this car doesn't exist.

(BTW: Still no word on that phone...maybe I should give up?)

YK

I'm thinking that you could get $3000 with no problems. Just like you said..."clean her up" and then let the buyer come to you. Maybe someone on here will take her. Any problems that you would like to mention? Gooodluck

Any problems that you would like to mention?

just the interior lights.....they keep blowing the fuse as soon as you put a new one in....other then that she has been great to me.

Any problems that you would like to mention?

just the interior lights.....they keep blowing the fuse as soon as you put a new one in....other then that she has been great to me.

And that doesent sound like to hard of a fix. You should be able to sell it quick. Here in Arizona you could get 3500 in a week or two.

Mine's the same as yours, even same mileage, only difference is that I don't have the dual-zone climate, or steering wheel controls, and mine's red. Let me be totally honest when I say that up here, ABSOLUTELY NOBODY wants my car. Its in perfect shape and everything about it feels brand new (including the paint which shines really nicely).

Some jerkoff at a dealership offered me $2000 Canadian for it, but thats really all.

Its all in the market. It just seems like where I am, the market for this car doesn't exist.

(BTW: Still no word on that phone...maybe I should give up?)

YK

How do you think I felt when I took it in and they only offered me TWO HUNDRED for it. I left immediately.

3500 is a good price for your car.