3.4 Alternator alternative

slick

Is there any other alternative to the AC Delco alt.? I'm replacing mine in a few weeks when i'm on spring break, and this will be the 3rd alt. in this car since I have owned it. Is there anything out there that will last longer, perform better, resist heat better???

Thanks,

Chris

What I did was take the busted one out and got it rebuilt by a shop up my way using all heavy duty parts that were stronger than stock (allegedly). Had to wait an extra day, but the cost was only around $80. That's what I do with alternators and starters. Haven't had a problem since and the one in my wife's Euro Sedan 3.4 was done over a year ago.

Good luck!

Hmm... so maybe I just need to find a shop around here that will rebuild alts. then. My only problem is getting around for that day or so....

There is a place around here that will do it for pretty cheap if you were interested we could work something out...

Hmm... so maybe I just need to find a shop around here that will rebuild alts. then. My only problem is getting around for that day or so....

There is a place around here that will do it for pretty cheap if you were interested we could work something out...

yeah i know of one also, around here, Maybe we could do your alt and then look for things to do for the meet, it's all up to you. If you decide to do so let me know and i can call the place and see if they have any cores to build one so it'll be a few hour project. later Jay

Yeah the iceberg alternator is definitely better built. It doesn't have that that stupid plastic internal cover overtop of the regulator either, so you get full airflow over those parts.

I bought mine completely built from the website referenced above. Other than the output post being kind of flimsy design-wise, I highly recommend them.

Which alt. should I get fella's? The 130 or the 130d. Remember, this is a 95 engine. Is it the plug that determines which one I will have to buy? If so, I can unplug it real quick, take a pick, and have you guys figure out which one I need to get :lol: .

wait is the 130 the older style alternator that would have origionally came on your car? and the 130D the newer style that woulda came with a 95 montie? i'm 90% sure you have the 130d in that case. i remember looking at it when we did your harnas swap and it looked the newer style to me.