couple of quick questions

Cornerdealy

ok, as the warm weather is approaching, it's starting to become time to return to working on my prix. My immediate plans are (in order), Mufflers/Tips, Window tint, and lowering the front/replacing the struts.

Here are my questions:

regarding Mufflers: I bought the 2 flowmasters and the two sets of tips, all i need is the muffler shop to remove the old mufflers, and weld on the new ones and the tips. My question is, how much should that cost me about? I know it's not gonna be much cause they are just welding the stuff on, I just have no idea what range and i dont wanna get ripped off.

regarding the suspension: I've been looking at my car from a distance and I've noticed that this car sits way too high. I know I can lower the front with the ST springs, and probably the only way i'd go lowering the rear is with a new leaf spring, but i'd rather wait a while before that. My question is, say all i do is replace the stock struts with KYB's, will the KYB's make the car sit even higher? The stock struts are not that worn out, and are probably the same hight as when they were new, I just want to know if I replace them, will they make the car sit higher?

thanks.

What you should get is a set of coil overs for the rear, assumin they wont hinder the integrity of the car itself.. ST springs will drop the front to an aggressive stance.. Coil overs are controllable and you can have them sit as low as you want.. I am going to actually post a query about coil overs.. As for the exhaust, save a couple more pennies and saw your old mufflers off before you go in.. So all they need to do is weld the new ones on.. lol..

I would say forget about coilovers.

See this thread: http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25567

When I switched to KYB's, they did raise the rear of my car 3/4", BUT at the same time I also removed the aux springs since they were going to cause clearance issues with my 94 rear calipers. I don't know for sure whether it was the KYB's or the missing aux springs that raised the rear. GP's don't have aux springs, so if that was the reason, then the KYB's won't raise your car. If the aux springs have nothing to do with height, then the KYB's probably would raise your car.

They are dampers, but have a pretty good gas charge. When you remove the strap that keeps them compressed, the piston pops right out and takes some force to compress. I can see how they could raise the car a little.

The struts shouldn't lift the rear of your car, all struts do is dampen the ride, not support the vehicle.

after Changing my Struts to KYB's My car now sits like a Truck It raised my car alot after I changed them.. I would say like 1-2 inches..

after Changing my Struts to KYB's My car now sits like a Truck It raised my car alot after I changed them.. I would say like 1-2 inches..

Wow, if that's true, I could probably get a nice ride height out of my FAF spring simply by swapping to OEM (or maybe Monroe?) struts. That sure would be cheaper than replacing the FAF spring.

Anyone else notice an increase in ride height with KYB's?

How about Monroe Sensa-traks?

i think i payed like $25 to have my cat replaced(i already had the cat) so i would say in the ballpark of $60. that seems right, its shouldnt take a good exhaust guy more than an hour to do this, and they charge like $65 an hour around here.

forget about coil-overs unless you like hearing squeaks all the time.