Vacuum Problem PLEASE HELP!!

Prospeeder

Ok, the check valve that looks like the thing in picture 1, it broke so we went to shucks and got this Vacuum check valve that only had 2 ends (cause the 3 sided one only had 2 hoses in it) and yes its zip tied cause it wouldnt stay on, well there isnt even any vacuum going through any of the vacuum hoses all around the cruise servo, could that check vavle have anything to do with it?

checkvalve.jpg

100_0240.jpg

Can't really tell which hoses you have connected where. Might be that you're not even connected to a vacuum source. Maybe you have the valve in backwards?

What you need is the correct check valve. The GM part number is 14056648. Go to the dealer or here:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/index.cfm

...and order one. They're cheap enough, but shipping from gmpartsdirect will kill you.

hmm, not connected to a vaccume scource, well, ill take some pics of all the Vacuum scources and u can see if mabye there should be on there or somthing, thanks, its kinda strange, that whole area isnt gettting any vacuum, all the stuff thats supose to be under the Cruise Servo is on top, seems they have had vacuum problems be4, this is pissing me off, i cant find it, what can i use to find a leak, i tried Carb Cleaner, but nothing

ok, heres the the thing. i took some pics of spots im not sure about

1# Ok, the two far ones dont put out any vacuum, but the other two one w/ the screw in it and one thats plugged in have a ton of vacuum

9996f2af.jpg

#2 This is the thingy that runs the lines to the Turbo, the turbo spools just fine

100_0275.jpg

#3 this is the little hose off the the #2 pic, it goes towards u, it has nothing, but no vacuum

100_0277.jpg

#4 its down in there, under the turbo area, im too scard to read down to touch it i dont wanna get burned, lol its wide open

100_0274.jpg

#5 This is the check valve i replaced w/ one that only has 2 instead of 3, but theres no vacuum going through ANY part of that area

100_0272.jpg

#6 a plug next to the ECM thingy next to the cruise servo, its unpluged, and i cant find anywere to plug it in

100_0271.jpg

PLEASE help me, this is really pissin me off

There should be a vacuum diagram right on top of the radiator. If your car doesn't have it anymore I could probably get a pic for you. All I can tell you is #2 is the wastegate solenoid, and those vacuum lines just go from turbo to solenoid to wastegate. #4 is the vacuum modulator on the tranny.

Maybe try to grab the right valve from a JY and see if that helps. How was vacuum before you replaced the valve? TGP's don't run good at all with the wrong vacuum hookups (I know :lol: ). Hope that helps a bit.

yes, please get me that vacuum diagram, thanks, lol, i wasnt sure what some of the stuff was, there wasnt any vacuum be4 i replaced it either, thanks, well at least i know what some of the stuff is, lol

9996f2af.jpg

Wow, I've never seen a 3.1 that still had that clip on holding those lines in. All the N/As I've seen are fine without it but I know of a few turbos (including my own :lol:) that just have them ziptied to the TB.

IIRC, all of those ports should have vacuum at them. I wonder if the ports are clogged up inside the throttle body. The one with the screw in it should have a line going towards the front from it.

check out the engine picture http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/572677/

Same car different anglehttp://home.alltel.net/mfewtrail/pics/tprix8.jpg

#2 and #4 do NOT have anything attached to them. they bleed pressure under boost, remember that you have pressure under boost Not Vacuum.

#6 tothing connects to it, it is a fuel pump test hook up.

If I'm not mistaken, your pictures show that the TB vac lines is missing a line, and I think it's the one that goes to your MAP sensor, which is mounted on the rear of the plenum. I will go outside and take a pic underhood so you can see what I mean.

HPIM0284.jpg

That line goes to the HVAC cruise, whoever told you that was correct. It runs under the plenum and back behind it. IIRC I think it hits a "tee" and also connects to the FPR on the fuel rail. Kinda small but right click it and download it and then zoom, you will see what it is then.

i know exactly what ur talking about, my chilton manual has the same diagram, i was hoping for a better one, thanks, i traced where the vacuum came from and it came to a T on the back of the Plenum and stops, goes nowhere, so im just missing one Vacuum line then, but the others that dont put out any, are they just clogged then

If he would just right click and download it he can zoom in on it.. I took it with a 3.2 MP camera.. photobucket just downsizes them to save space.

That line runs to the HVAC. Under the plenum and out the back. I couldn't get in behine the plenum but someone might have a pic of that setup behind the engine.