EDIT:Lumina power mirror wiring, DONE!

Baddflash

I'm almost finished with installing power mirrors on my '90 Lumina. The mirrors are on the wiring is all but finished but I need help with wiring up a power mirror control I want to use.

Biggest problem is I can't be sure what exactly it is from, I got the part several years ago but I believe it's from a 94-96 achieva or grand am ???

GM 22546550

MICRO CRAFT

Z-7604

000_0244.jpg

I really want to use this control it's perfect for what I want. None of my search's have turned up anything so I hope someone can help.

Thanks.

I'll give you GP wires for the mirror switch. Most of the GM switches will have at least some wires that match. Mainly, you need to identify your 12V and Ground wires. As for the rest, use a tester to identify the output. I used 97 Regal power mirrors on my Lumina and wiring and switch off a 97 Grand Prix. There was a bit of a difference but I managed.

A BRN/WHT R Mirror Motor Down

B RED/WHT R Mirror Motor Right

C LT BLU/WHT R Mirror Motor Common

D BLK Ground

E ORN Batery Positive

F WHT L Mirror Motor Right

G YEL L Mirror Motor Down

H Lt GRN L Mirror Motor Common

Hope this helps,

feel free to ask questions.

Jack

Thanks SS Black that totally helps, now I know how the switch's are wired. I actually found a better one that will go in the original spot for the driver mirror control. :D However I have to completely re-do the harness I had finished :?

The only problem is the mirrors I'm using have 4 wires, and I copied the 1st gen wiring, so 2 wires from the switch are split between the 2 mirrors.

The car I just got the switch from had only 3 to the mirrors.

Now that I know whats what I'm gonna try again and see what happens.

Mine are from a Regal too. :lol:

it's kinda hard to figure out (I wish I could open my door panel and tell you) You connect the common wire from the switch to two wire from the mirror.

Just think, mirrors have 2 motors for a motor to work, you need + and -. If you switch the polarity the motor will work the other way.

Your best shot is trial and error. Try connecting the wires and see what happens. I've gone through the same thing.

Jack

I got it figured out, I just connect the mirrors two common wires to the switch's one common and it works beautifully. Now I just need to make a new harness and I'm done.

Thanks for the switch wiring that's what I needed.

Thanks guys, it turned out really good.

I swear I'm blind cause things don't look half that dirty till you take a picture :oops: though the door panel and mirror just became a part of my car right before I took this pic so....I didn't do it! :lol:

The switch I used is from a 92' acheiva sc. I thought the other came from something like that. I liked the first one better but I would be left with a useless hole in my door panel so when I stumbled across this one I knew it would be perfect.