JMo60

I did an e-brake slide into a tree and smashed in the driver side door and quarter panel on wednesday. The B pillar pushed up through the roof..... next, i went to the body shop to get an estimate, ( can get body work done for $1000 if i gut the interior and do the prep myself). So, anyway, on my way home from getting the estimate, my trans started free reving in gear, so my transmission blew out on the way home from getting my estimate...

The good news- i can get a trans, quarter and door for $500 from a scrapyard. i can install the trans myself, so it will cost me between $1500-2000 to fix my car...

so, do u think it is worth fixing this old lady? it is in near perfect condition except for my damages, has been taken exceptional care of. i dont want to start over, i would rather get her fixed and continue on.....

for 1500 plus your car I'll trade you for my Grand am GT.... :lol:

I would say if it has hud and what not...I would look for a 94-95 gp or cutlass that needed a motor... there should be some of them around just put an add in the paper....and then put your motor into that car and part yours out.... it the damage is that bad....

has been taken exceptional care of.

I did an e-brake slide into a tree

E-brake shitties don't usually mean exceptional care. You can pretty much breathe on a W body and total it out, I'd move on.

has been taken exceptional care of.

E-brake shitties don't usually mean exceptional care. You can pretty much breathe on a W body and total it out, I'd move on.

I was just going to say the same thing... you e-braked into a tree...

I did an e-brake slide into a tree and smashed in the driver side door and quarter panel on wednesday.

I'm going to disagree with the others that said to get something nicer and newer.

If this kind of behavior is typical, it's probably smarter to get something older, cheaper, and bigger. Preferably with a roll cage. An old 80's full frame car fixed up for demo derby would probably be ideal.

I did an e-brake slide into a tree and smashed in the driver side door and quarter panel on wednesday.

I'm going to disagree with the others that said to get something nicer and newer.

If this kind of behavior is typical, it's probably smarter to get something older, cheaper, and bigger. Preferably with a roll cage. An old 80's full frame car fixed up for demo derby would probably be ideal.

LOL

wtf kid? i did a e-brake pull too once on a dirt road that i knew no one was around on but why did you do it when you were near TREE'S WTF!!

:lol:

cars aren't toys! especially your own ... do it with someone elses car!

I've seen the damage. I told him to get something better too. He insists on keeping the car because he likes it so much and he doesn't have a lot of money and he would never be able to get what he wanted out of it now b/c it is completely fucked.

BTW Josh, you forgot to put the icing on the cake: When he pulled over after his tranny went out, the sides of the ditch that he was next to caved in from the snow and water and he slowly slid sideways into the ditch.

So let's review: ALL IN ONE AFTERNOON: Smashed side of car--still driveable, tranny pukes on way home from shop, and the car slides into a ditch. :dammit:

The whole thing was kinda strange, i admit it was my fault. i didnt pull the e brake at any kind of speed, i was goin down my driveway... you can hit the e brake, and still take exceptional care of a car. i change the oil every 2000, wax exery month, wash at least once a week, shine interior with mist n shine, change fluids that most people dont even think about servicing, and everything.

my prix is deffinatly one the the best shining cars in my highschool parking lot, except for a FEW newer cars. A few weeks ago at the gas station, some random guy calls me over to tell me that my grand prix is the best looking older prix he has ever seen, and he asked me how much i paid for my new paint job, then i told him it was original.

I dont want to get another car because, i couldnt get anything for the price it will take me to repair it, and it will take forever to get another car to the point that im happy with it....